Superdish for all basic installs in the near future?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
Is there any advantage for the average non-HD subscriber in an area with locals on Dish500 to get a superdish? Will we eventually see new SD channels (besides internationals) added to 105/121? If the superdish is eventually going to replace the Dish500 for all installs then I would like to get one sooner rather than later. Perhaps an AT-200 pack is in the near future?

Cyclone said:
Will the 921 become the standard receiver then?

For now the answer is no, you won't be able to go to Sears or Radio Shack and buy a 921 while you will be able to get one from your local retailer or our store (hint hint) :D

I actually was in "The Great Indoors" today which is really a glorified Sears. They had on displya 301, 508, 6000, & 721. It was the first time I'd seen a 721 in person. None of the display tuners were actually hooked up though.

You also did not see the Dish 500 included with all the systems for a while after it came out and if you asked people if they thought it would be the standard dish a lot of them probably would have thought that it wouldn't be.

I personally think that this dish should be standard (unless the customer specifies differently) for the SuperDish to be installed when a customer first signs up for service in those areas where the SuperDish will be required to receive the locals. This would save Dish money in some ways in that an installer would not have to come back out to put the SuperDish in later, only having to pay to have it put in once, but having to pay for a more expensive dish for every install in those areas.

Dish probbaly has plans to replace the SD with a smaller dish when their new DBS satellite replaces the low power 105 FSS satellite next year.

Why would they want to standardize on a 36" dish forever when it is so big/difficult to install ?

CAn I get the HDTV without superdish

HEllo.

I am interested in getting hdtv and do not want a huge dish. Is there a way of adding another smaller dish for the hdtv. Love to get 921.
I have dish 500 now with 501,508,5000.

Boston area.

Mark

For now the answer is no, you won't be able to go to Sears or Radio Shack and buy a 921 while you will be able to get one from your local retailer or our store (hint hint)
So is Sears absolutely out out for the 921? My reason for wanting to buy there is very simple: It's $1,000 and in my case, that's a lot of money. Sears runs no interest deals from time to time with their credit card, so that is how I would like to purchase the 921.

This will greatly with the budget and also the wife factor. Otherwise I may be waiting until late Summer of next year. :(

Matt this way what was said in Baltimore, the said the advanced recievers do not do well in retail stores because they are not able to handle the questions and support on them.

They went as far as saying that these advanced boxes could be a retailers bread and butter because they can offer the product and support that the chains cant.

I just saw that. I'm going to call E* today and see if I qualify for the 6000 offer of $150. If I do, then I'll put my current 6000 on eBay at a Buy It Now Price.

tm22721 said:
Dish probbaly has plans to replace the SD with a smaller dish when their new DBS satellite replaces the low power 105 FSS satellite next year.

I didn't realize they were putting a DBS sat at 105. If there were true why would they be messing with the SuperDish? Do they have a DBS license at 105? I thought DBS requires 9 degrees of separation (doesn't DirectTV have 101).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)