Superdish install help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
n0qcu said:
The photos you have shown are a 105 superdish.

Excellent point. I thought you said the small one was on the left? The picture you have shows the small one on the right.

hmm, any confirmation? if not 119/110/121 then wich 3 birds does it lock on to?

man, i thought this was going to be like dish500, :eek:

anyway, please let me know if you get any new info.

thanks,
MJ

If it is in fact as pictured, then it is a 105/110/119 SuperDISH and you will not be able to pick up your international channels on 121 with a single dish. You can use the SuperDISH for 110/119 and get a second dish to point at 121.

ok, then can you please let us know how the switches are going to be configured with dish500 119/110 and SD121 , we have DP34 and SW21 switches and one DP301 receiver...?

thanks again for the quick replies.

akstockton2003 said:
ok, then can you please let us know how the switches are going to be configured with dish500 119/110 and SD121 , we have DP34 and SW21 switches and one DP301 receiver...?

First of all, a SuperDISH is different from a DISH500. Are you going to get rid of the SuperDISH and get a DISH500 and a second dish?

no, we already have dish500 with 2 lnbs that we used to use for 119/110 only. also we will keep the 121 SD, but how will i combine all to one receiver all at once, and is it possible at all?

Wait. Wait. You are using a DISH500 right now? And what do you mean you will "keep the 121 SD?" What has this entire thread been about?

hahahah, nope dude, we are 'currenty' using DISHPRO, but since 'our' dishpro wont pick all 3 BIRDS 110/119/121 all at once, we want to try to combine them.

So you have a SuperDISH, a DISH500 and a third dish for 121? I am completely confused so I shall bow out of this thread. Sorry.

sorry for the confusion, ok, lets clarify some things. we only have a SUPERDISH and DISH500, since superdish alone is not going to work for us, we want ot keep the superdish for 121bird wich is coming up on superdish. and along with that we want to use the DISH500 for 119/110.

thanks

The oroginal poster has been giving us conflicting and incorrect information. :(

He says he has a DP34 and an SW21. That for sure is wrong. :(

He says he has 2 LNBs on his D500. That is extremely unlikely. :(

I think he needs to triple check just what IS there and in use, and restate his goal. :(

hey OP, your reply post #15 with pic of superdish 121 is not the same as mine. that 2nd piece lnb is suppose to be on the opposite side for 121.. i had mine professionally installed by dn and i get international channels now $30/month. that pic looks like superdish 105 i believe.

yeah you can use YOUR superdish to pick up 121 if it works, and dish500 for main 110/119. then buy a switch.,. but what is the ppoint of getting the superdish in the first place. just for 121?!?! if you called DN they give it for free superdish 121, also free install. just that they ask for one yr of any international package.

chaddux said:
That is an HDTV SuperDISH.
What does the dish (or even the LNBs) have to do with HDTV? My SuperDish-105 also has that printed on there, but I have no HDTV equipment. I think it's just "advertising" that they can provide you with HDTV. The dish and/or LNBs should have nothing to do with ability to receive HDTV, or lack of ability to receive SD (Standard Definition) programming.

TuxCoder said:
What does the dish (or even the LNBs) have to do with HDTV? My SuperDish-105 also has that printed on there, but I have no HDTV equipment. I think it's just "advertising" that they can provide you with HDTV. The dish and/or LNBs should have nothing to do with ability to receive HDTV, or lack of ability to receive SD (Standard Definition) programming.

I thought that the LNB marked HDTV was specifically designed to receive the HDTV signal. It may work with a SD signal as well. I dont know.

chaddux said:
I thought that the LNB marked HDTV was specifically designed to receive the HDTV signal. It may work with a SD signal as well. I dont know.
Negatory. At least so far as E* is concerned, there are NO special LNBFs required for HDTV. DBS HDTV signals can be received with any DBS LNBF - including Legacy versions. Check my sig. ;)

chaddux said:
Yep, the frequency/modulation and polarity are the same. In fact the HD transponders are no different from the others except they only have 2 or 3 channels instead of ~12. They can be moved around and interchanged with all others. So, same LNBs.

But that still doesn't explain why they put "HDTV" so prominently on the SuperDish, other than my "advertising" theory. I don't mind it so much... I'm sure because if it my neighbors all assume I have HDTV (and I don't let them in my house) :)

Alright, alright. I just assumed since it was emblazoned with the HDTV logo that it was an HDTV LNB. Didn't know DISH just puts it on anything. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts