Superdish or Dish 500?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Guderian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2003
Saginaw, TX
I have an installation scheduled for tomorrow morning for an 811. Here is my dilemma. The installer has a Superdish that was going to be installed prior to the move of the HD from 61.5 to 110. With the move I can just have the Dish 500 installed or have the option of getting the Superdish. If they move new HD would I have to pay for the extra dish? Or would it be better to get the Superdish and be prepared for any changes they make in the future?

The size of the dish is not a concern for me and I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

I would go Dish 500. I'm also in DFW. If you pay for locals you can get the second dish installed for free under the must carry regulations.

I scheduled it on Monday, Dec 1st. Originally I was to have it installed on the 6th, but I called to have it moved to this Sat for various reasons. My installer called me this morning to ask me which Dish I wanted. I asked him about 811 receivers and he said he had plenty in stock. Only 2 Superdish though.

Who is your installer? Dish told me that there were no 811s anywhere near the DFW area and there wouldnt be for another week.

Digital Signals in Lake Worth.

I checked and the 2nd dish would be provided for free according to the Dish website:

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX Local Channels

$5.99 per month

Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number
DALLAS ABC-WFAA (LOCALS) 8 8400
DALLAS CBS-KTVT (LOCALS) 11 8401
DALLAS FOX-KDFW (LOCALS) 4 8403
DALLAS IND-KDFI (LOCALS) 27 8407
DALLAS NBC-KXAS (LOCALS) 5 8402
DALLAS PBS-KERA (LOCALS) 13 8406
DALLAS UPN-KTXA (LOCALS) 21 8405
DALLAS WB-KDAF (LOCALS) 33 8404
DALLAS IND-KTAQ (LOCALS)* 47 8414
DALLAS IND-KMPX (LOCALS/RELIGIOUS)* 29 8413
DALLAS PBS-KDTN (LOCALS)* 2 8415
DALLAS TELEF-KSTR (LOCALS/SPANISH)* 49 8410
DALLAS TMNDO-KFWD (LOCALS/SPANISH)* 52 8409
DALLAS TMNDO-KXTX (LOCALS/SPANISH)* 39 8411
DALLAS UNVSN-KUVN (LOCALS/SPANISH)* 23 8408

* You will need a second satellite dish to view these additional channels. DISH Network will provide the second dish and installation free of charge. For more information, or to schedule an installation, please call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

The Spanish channels are not that big a deal to me, I am more concerned if they add HD content in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts