superdish picture quality problems

luniz97

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I just got an hd dvr 622 and they installed a superdish with two dp44 switches because i have 5 recievers. They removed my dish 500 and put the superdish. On non hd channels like CNN and Bloomberg, i am getting poor picture quality on all my tvs. The text is not as crisp as it was with the dish 500 and the old switches. Any ideas or anyone else have the same thing happen?

The reciever's are getting a digital signal from the dish.

Being a digital signal, your reciever is going to output full picture quality or none at all.

Analog cable tv would degrade depending on the cable condition and the number of splitters.

luniz97 said:
This happens on all 5 of my tvs. I need two dp44 because i have 5 receivers
Tech should have used the seperator on one cable to your dual tuner 622..that would leave three open ports on the DPP 44 for the other three tuners...You paid for a switch you do not need..
It is not the dish that is crateing the pic quality issue..
Please describe what you are seeing in the video that is bothering you.....

Basically, the text and crispness of the images arent as good as they were before this superdish and dpp44 upgrage. I need a total of 5 open ports. The 622 is only being hooked up to one tv. That is why I needed another switch which I did not pay extra for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts