superdish plus snow fall = problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
My 105 superdish was woking great for the last month or so..Then today it snowed..Well after about 8 hours of snow fall i went to check the weather from my local station which i get from the 105 bird well my 811 couldn't find the 105 sat..Looked at the signal strength screen 119 and 110 well over 100 the 105 sat nothing..looked at the dish it barely had any snow on it but it did have a thin coating of ice on the dish..So i got some hot water poured it over the dish and the 105 sat came back..I guess the 105 is really picky with snow and ice build up..

The 105/121 slots will always go down first. They're low powered and that's why the SuperDish is much bigger. Even with the size of the SuperDish, average signal strength for the 105/121 Sats is in the 70s. The higher the signal strength, the more interference it'll have to have before the signal gets lost. This explains why you still had 110/119 and not your 105 sat. Hope that helps.

lime4x4 said:
any snow on it but it did have a thin coating of ice on the dish..So i got some hot water poured it over the dish and the 105 sat came back..I guess the 105 is really picky with snow and ice build up..

Before the begining of the next winter, spray some cooking oil spray, like Pam, on it.

It will prevent buildup of snow and ice.

mkm4 said:
Before the begining of the next winter, spray some cooking oil spray, like Pam, on it.

It will prevent buildup of snow and ice.

Excellent idea !!

Good for snow shovels too (aluminum).

ROLLTIDE said:
What is snow ?

Precip that falls from the sky in the winter in the form of flakes, also called snowflakes :D

When this happens in places like the South, school is closed and people have absolutelly no clue how to drive. (my uncle use to live in SC so he can attest to this).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)