superdish question

mcraul

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Hi,

Quick question about a Superdish 105. I currently have a second Dish that recieves the 65.1 location to get local channels. Will I loose that ability if I upgrade to a superdish?

Thanks in advance.

mcraul said:
Hi,

Quick question about a Superdish 105. I currently have a second Dish that recieves the 65.1 location to get local channels. Will I loose that ability if I upgrade to a superdish?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome

You will not LOSE that ability as long as you have a switch capable of receiving four orbital locations. And the location is 61.5, actually.

Be advised that not all receivers can receive programming from 105. Also be advised that there are multiple versions of the SuperDISH so you must ensure that you get a 105 SuperDISH.

If you get the DPP44 switch then you will be able to view the 105/or121, 110, 119 along with 61.5/or148. The DPP44 switch has a built in DishPro adapter.

ok thanks for the answers.

Couple more questions if you can indulged me. IF I get a Superdish 105 and then the DP44 switch will I still need the 300 dish to view the 61.5 location? I guess what i'm really asking or saying is will I still need to run two dishes? Currently I have a dish500 and dish300 and was thinking of just having a one dish solution hence that thought of getting a superdish but I dont want to lose some of my locals wich are coming thru the 300 on the 61.5 location.

Thanks in advanced.

mcraul said:
ok thanks for the answers.

Couple more questions if you can indulged me. IF I get a Superdish 105 and then the DP44 switch will I still need the 300 dish to view the 61.5 location? I guess what i'm really asking or saying is will I still need to run two dishes? Currently I have a dish500 and dish300 and was thinking of just having a one dish solution hence that thought of getting a superdish but I dont want to lose some of my locals wich are coming thru the 300 on the 61.5 location.

Thanks in advanced.

A SuperDISH gets signals from 110, 119 and (105 or 121 depending on the type of SuperDISH). It will replace your DISH500. It will NOT get a signal from 61.5 or 148 so you will need to keep your DISH300 pointed at 61.5.

Just curious: what programming do you want to get from 105? If your locals are on 61.5, it doesn't sound like you're going to get anything from 105.

Well in the future i wanted to get HD programming But for now I just want the normal programing. I Know 121 you can get the international channels which I am not interested. What I really want to do is consolidate dishes. I was trying to make it easier on myself lol. Right now I have a 301 reciever and a 510. What I did try to do was set up the two dishes with a DP34 but for some reason the 301 didnt pick up any of the signals it did recognize the switch tho. The 510 recognized the switch but was only getting the 119 signal but not the 110 or 61.5. I was wondering if maybe I had a bad switch Because when i played around with the configureation of the cables the 510 would get 61.5 but not the 110 or 119 or reverse and the 301 still couldnt pick anything up still. It was getting pretty frustrating hence the idea of getting a supedish. Is there a way to test the switch to see if its bad?

Thanks alot.

mcraul said:
Well in the future i wanted to get HD programming But for now I just want the normal programing. I Know 121 you can get the international channels which I am not interested. What I really want to do is consolidate dishes. I was trying to make it easier on myself lol. Right now I have a 301 reciever and a 510. What I did try to do was set up the two dishes with a DP34 but for some reason the 301 didnt pick up any of the signals it did recognize the switch tho. The 510 recognized the switch but was only getting the 119 signal but not the 110 or 61.5. I was wondering if maybe I had a bad switch Because when i played around with the configureation of the cables the 510 would get 61.5 but not the 110 or 119 or reverse and the 301 still couldnt pick anything up still. It was getting pretty frustrating hence the idea of getting a supedish. Is there a way to test the switch to see if its bad?

Thanks alot.

There is currently no HD programming at 105 and, according to the EKB, plans for HD programming at 105 have been scrapped (not postponed) so getting a SuperDISH will do you no good.

ok so that answers that. So then that leaves me with my current problem that when I setup the two dishes to the DP34 switch its not working correctly. I"ve tried everything to make it work totally. First is this the best solution for me then is too hook up the 500 and 300 to the dp34 with the two recievers (potentially 2 more recievers) or is ther another way to do this? and if this is the best way is there a possibility that my switch is bad?

Thanks again I"m learning alot :)

What you have should work. Are you sure all of your lnb's are dishpro? You can't mix dp and legacy.

hmm good question. Is there a physical way I can check if the LNB's are pros?
I thought the 500 were but not sure of the other dish.

Thanks

Just look for a DP logo on the back of the LNB. If it's there, you have a DishPro LNB

ok so do the 300 and the 500 need to be pros? for the dp34 to work?

Thanks again!

chaddux said:
There is currently no HD programming at 105 and, according to the EKB, plans for HD programming at 105 have been scrapped (not postponed) so getting a SuperDISH will do you no good.
It also says the plan could be revived. Yet here we are a year later, the replacement satellite for 105 is moving into position, Dish has started the process of buying Rainbow1 and its transponder licences, and other satellites have been or are about to be launched, some to locations Dish doesn't yet provide any services from, and we have yet to hear what any of the plans are. So at this point, adding or upgrading a dish to get a channel or service that might become available is pure speculation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts