Superdish Repoint Kit Available Yet??

braak

Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Wisconsin
I am presently using a 121 Superdish. I have an LNB for 129 that I added on mad scientist style to get Voom. I still have an 811 receiver so I am not getting any of the mpeg4 channels. I want to upgrade to HD Bronze. I will get a new receiver when I upgrade and I assume they will change the dish too. But, what will I get for a dish? Will I get stuck with one of the old Dish 1000's? I have heard that the Dish 1000 doesn't get a real good signal on 129. I get a decent signal from the Superdish (high 80s) and I guess the new 1000+ works ok. It seems to me the Superdish repoint kit would be the best way to go but I haven't heard if anybody has them yet. A Dish 1000+ plus would be ok too but they seem to be in short supply also. I don't know if there is/will be anything of interest on the 118 bird, so I suppose the dish could stay like it is for now. I could buy a repoint kit later and do it myself, but it makes more sense to get Dish to do it for free. So, do the installers have repoint kits yet?

Thanks,
Bruce

I don't know the answer to your question, but unless you need locals or international channels that are on 118, what you have now would probably work fine. Since they wouldn't need to install anything to upgrade your dish, maybe you could talk them into some additional rebate vs. getting a free dish upgrade that you don't need because you already did it yourself.

I haven't seen anyone advertising the "Repoint Kit" yet. I check just about everyday, because I'm interested in 2 of them.

I did notice yesterday that Sadoun now has the Dish 500+/1000+ dishes in, and you can buy them with or without the switches. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before any of the retailers have a repoint kit.

I've been thinking about possibly buying a Plus dish, and then maybe I'll just put the SuperDish 121 in the garage for awhile and then maybe one day set it up for FTA using the pan and 121 LNBF.

If a retailer is reading this and has a Repoint Kit, please PM me. Thanks.

I just had my 622 install this past Saturday and he brought the old D1000. So that is what they are still bringing. I asked him to not install it and he complied. I took the new LNBs and let him drive away with the D1000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts