SuperDish Skew Elevation info reqd

RB4Sdish

Nov 3, 2007
I had a working superdish setup with DP34 and 3 LNBs before I moved to a new location.

Here now I am trying to get the dish setup myself and do not have the info abt the SKEW and ELEV requried.

My zip code is 08807.

Also, during a random try, satellite 119 was detected but could not detect 110 and 121. I think these are the 3 satellites required for receiving programming. Pls confrm.

Also, when I look at the DP34 switch, there are 3 cables connected to the LNBs (one each) and 2 cables connected to the outputs to the satellitel receivers. I never had two receiver, any idea why two cables would have been connected.

Last edited:
Here now I am trying to get the dish setup myself and do not have the info abt the SKEW and ELEV requried. My zip code is 08807.
Zip Code 088xx including Bridgewater, NJ:

SuperDish 121:
- AZ: 250
- Elev: 24
- Skw 130

SuperDish 105:
- AZ: 234
- Elev: 34
- Skw 120

Don't forget to set the Skew first and then don't touch it. Maked adjustments using the Azimuth and Elevation only.
I think you are suppose to Peak 121 first, then adjust 110 (or outermost LNBF) without moving more than 1 degree, or something like that.
When peaking, connect only one LNBF cable to the DP34, top input jack. Start with 121, then switch to 110, then back to 121 to check it.
Not all Transponders are active on each satellite, so you will have to switch to active transponder or each:
When finished, 119 to Port 1, 110 to Port 2, 121 to Port 3.
Also, during a random try, satellite 119 was detected but could not detect 110 and 121. I think these are the 3 satellites required for receiving programming. Pls confrm.
Main programming is on 119, additional programming is on 110 as well as "local channels" which are mainly on spotbeams.

121 has been used for international as well as locals. Most locals have been removed, and I think Dish is in the process of removing the rest of the locals, as well as the internationals.
105 has some locals on it, but they are also available on 129.

Dish currently has a SuperDish "Repoint Kit" available that will allow you to replace the LNBF cluster with a new cluster to receive 110/118.7/119, as well as 129 by adding a DP Dual LNBF to the supplied bracket.
Also, when I look at the DP34 switch, there are 3 cables connected to the LNBs (one each) and 2 cables connected to the outputs to the satellitel receivers. I never had two receiver, any idea why two cables would have been connected.
If you have a "dual tuner receiver" it needs two satellite feeds to function properly. So you need two cables from the DP34 switch.

What packages do you subscribe to?

EDIT:
Bottom of the page at this link, you will find the SuperDish Insturctions.
DISH Pro 500 & DISH Pro 500 Plus Information Documents | Solid Signal

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt response. I'll try making the adjustments and let you know how it goes.

How do I identify which LNB is for which satellite?

How do I know what are the active transponders?

I subscribe to the international pacages in addition to the Family pack from Dish Network.

Are they really thinking of removing the internationals from 121. If they do, how can I receive the internationals. When do you think they will remove?

The other satellitel is I guess the 61.5, but I do not have line of sight for that. :(

If you are an international subscriber, Dish will install the repoint kit free.

If it is a 110/119/121 superdish, then from behind the dish they are left to right, 121, 119, 110.

If it is a 105/110/119 superdish, then from behind the dishthey are left to right, 119,110,105.

Dish has already moved most internationals to 118.75.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)