SuperDish software upgrade news...

video62 said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears when my locals are added I will only be able to receive them on my 2800, unless of course I can sweet talk E* into replaceing my old 2000 receiver for FREE with a new 522 :D . Well, I can dream can't I ;) .

Dream? You'll need some chemical assistance to dream that big! :partytime:

I'm looking to do new locals (that will require SuperDish to get 105) and 100% of my receivers are incompatable. I wonder what kind of deal I can get?

No, I have the capability to dream big with out the need of chemical assistance :D .

I too wonder if E* will give any kind of upgrade deals for us that have old STB's that are not SuperDish capable.

Chris Freeland said:
I too wonder if E* will give any kind of upgrade deals for us that have old STB's that are not SuperDish capable.

They HAVE to if they expect to keep their current customers. DirecTV and, in some areas the cable companies are making it FAR to easy for DISH customers to switch. Once Murdock takes over DirecTV (and offers free DVRs) and the cable companies start REALLY rolling out their DVRs DISH is going to have a much tougher time keeping current customers if they don't offer them upgrades for the newer hardware.

I have heard people on the forums say that they got a special deal on a 301 receiver for around $49 but I dont know if they only give you one at that price, if it is refurbished or new, if you had to have been a customer for a certain period of time, etc.

I agree that they will HAVE to give special deals, and in many cases FREE upgrades to DishPro software if they are going to force DishPro on subscribers that could care less about DishPro.

Finally, I bet a LOT of people are relieved and not so mad now after this release of software. I knew it had to be released before the SuperDish came out because there would have been some serious problems with customer satisfaction with these customers if they could not use a SuperDish with this receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)