Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well even on the weekend the news never stops at SatelliteGuys.US.

Tonight we received some interesting SuperDish news and felt it was our duty to infom you first. :)

Over the next week many Dish Network Receivers will be getting software upgrades for SuperDish support.

Please note that the following receivers will NOT support the SuperDish, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, JVC DVHS, & DishPlayer 7100/7200

The 2800 upgrade is schedule to get its upgrade on 10/23
The 3800 SuperDish Support is currently being rolled out
The 4900 SuperDish update has been rolled out
The 6000 SuperDish update is rolling out now
The 301 has been updated, however the 301e does not currently support the SuperDish, and update will be made available soon.
The 50X series (501, 508, 510) SuperDish update is done.
The 721 SuperDish update will be released this week.

And there you have it!

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 721 SuperDish update will be released this week.

Scott, I'm just waiting for the first guy to post "of what year".

HaHa! I can't wait for the upgrades and Superdish, and hopefully that damn 921!

This year. :)

I am actually hearing that the 721 upgrade could be out as early as tommorow. :D

I never heard of a Sunday release before, but I know the guys are working hard to get this all rolled out.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Please note that the following receivers will NOT support the SuperDish, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, JVC DVHS, & DishPlayer 7100/7200

The 2800 upgrade is schedule to get its upgrade on 10/23

It appears that only 1 of my 2 receivers will support the SuperDish, I have an old 2000 and a 2800. It appears when my locals are added I will only be able to receive them on my 2800, unless of course I can sweet talk E* into replaceing my old 2000 receiver for FREE with a new 522 :D . Well, I can dream can't I ;) .

Scott Greczkowski said:

I just would like to know WHY not the 5000 & DVHS.

I know the 5000 can be replaced with the 6000. (I don't want to)
There is NOTHING to replace the DVHS (DVR is not a replacement, no OTA)

I just would like to know WHY not the 5000 & DVHS.
The official line I've heard is that there isn't enough memory on the 5000. However, I can also see why they wouldn't want to support the Superdish with 105, as this would only confuse customers-- many wouldn't understand why the 5000 could see the locals at 105 but not the HDTV. HDTV on 105 uses turbo coding which the satellite tuner in the 5000 can't support.

I assume the D-VHS lacks sufficient memory too, but if not, I doubt there are enough customers still using that product to justify the expense of porting the Superdish code to that platform -- it would probably cost them less just to provide those customers a replacement receiver for free.
There is NOTHING to replace the DVHS (DVR is not a replacement, no OTA)
The 921 does support both digital and analog off-air broadcasts; it just won't record analog OTA to disk.

When you say 301e do you mean the rev.010 version of the 301? I can confirm that the 4900 software update has went through after doing a service call tonight and seeing the SuperDish software for the first time.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears when my locals are added I will only be able to receive them on my 2800, unless of course I can sweet talk E* into replaceing my old 2000 receiver for FREE with a new 522 :D . Well, I can dream can't I ;) .

Dream? You'll need some chemical assistance to dream that big! :partytime:

I'm looking to do new locals (that will require SuperDish to get 105) and 100% of my receivers are incompatable. I wonder what kind of deal I can get?

Ken F the JVC DVHS uses the 5000 circuit board for the satellite receiving so it has the same memory problem as the 5000. Both are products that were good when new but there prime time has come and gone they are both outdated by technology.

Is this the software update we have all been waiting for? Or is it just a superdish update. I sure hope it is like the one you have been talking since last March ,Scott.

Does anyone know what is going to happen to those folks that have the outdated receivers? I have a 5000 and a DVHS and planned to move to the SuperDish. Will they have replacement receivers at no charge for us poor folks?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)