SuperFan $99 Credit for 2006

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
I was planning on calling about that, because the way the letter reads, that we are "allowed to swap out" an existing receiver, which sure means no additional contract length. OR you can add it as an additional receiver (which I don't need or want) that MIGHT add a contract term, but given the nature of the letter you should be able to defeat that.

A number of D* subs over at AVS are reporting that a 1 year commitment was attached to the free SD receiver when they called.

Threre is a one year commitment when you get the free D 10. I didn't care. As long as D* is the only one with NFLST, I am not going anywhere else. The picture quality from our cable company is dreadful. Dish is somewhat enticing, but not enough to get me to jump. I get the network HD through BEV anyways. Once my locals are offered in HD I will get rid of them too. I am happy with D*, but I would really like to see more HD offerings.

So when does the price of NFLST become to high. They hit that price for me two years ago. It seems that all the football fans here would pay $500 for the package......Kind of like gas prices.

I have moved on and no I rather watch hockey and D* even lowered the price this year but of course they have competition for this package.

Well, for those fans that used to hold season tickets to their ONE TEAM like my family did for 5 seasons, just about any price the NLF & DirecTV get under $500 per season is CHEAP to me for the Sunday Ticket package..

For my family of 3 (at the time) it cost us about $475 per seat/each season ($1475) plus $65 each game (8 games = $520) for drinks and hot dogs; not to mention any extras. For a general total of $1,995 each year! AND This was really just to see the 3 - 5 games we cared about because we are not Cardinal fans, we cared about the big teams coming in.

So take into account the cost savings on this alone, plus we are now a family of 5 AND we get to provide our own food at a substantial savings and invite all our friends, we don't have to drive to the stadium or put of with obnoxious drunk attendees that try to call themselves fans.

THIS IS A DEAL!; and not worth crying over one bit for REAL NFL FANS, or those that can't make it to an actual stadium for what ever reason!

projectorsrule said:
They're just setting you up for a price increase in 2006 of basic Sunday Ticket to $300.

I seriously don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

This is what I've been thinking all along, I paid $ 100 for the super fan, could not get them to lower it, the letter said I will receive $ 100 credit for next year.

Who's to say that the ST price doesn't up the price enough to cover thier losses on this item.
Personally I would like to see them split the SF and the HD portion into seperate tiers.

I don't need to waste my money on te SF garbage

Jimbo

I rec'd the letter and got a $49 credit. On top of the $120 in credits they gave me toward my Premiums when I asked to "cancel" them for the summer, means they paid me $120 to take the Superfan package this year.

I took advantage of the D10 offer as well, to replace one of my old Hughes boxes.

Received the letter as well...

• My Super Fan charge was waived (pre-letter) due to issues getting Ch. 723 (NFL ST) from the 119 satellite.
  • The interactive receiver they offered was a D10. Not an HD receiver. This does me no good. Make the box an interactive HD box and then I'd do it.
  • I'll take the $49 credit toward next year's SF with no problem.

Jimbos said:
This is what I've been thinking all along, I paid $ 100 for the super fan, could not get them to lower it, the letter said I will receive $ 100 credit for next year.

Who's to say that the ST price doesn't up the price enough to cover thier losses on this item.
Personally I would like to see them split the SF and the HD portion into seperate tiers.

I don't need to waste my money on te SF garbage

Jimbo
I posted the same thing when the "war" on SF was declared and everyone argreed that (operative word "greed') D* making money was the issue. They're forcing us to get ST, then SF for the HD games which is all I want. I just mentioned the same thing to my wife not 10min ago Jimbo!!!---Ray

I just called to see why the HD channels were not working for me (didn't know about Superfan). They quoted $99.

How did you guys get it for $49?

Steve

Complain. If that doesn't work, ask for Customer Retention and tell them you aren't pleased. Many have gotten the $49 waived altogether.

jaybertx said:
I paid $99 but haven't :no gotten a letter. Is my mail just slow? :)
Yeah, me neither. I'm a new sub though. Is it possible they're only offering this credit to people who subscribed last year?

bigpro said:
Yeah, me neither. I'm a new sub though. Is it possible they're only offering this credit to people who subscribed last year?

I had faith and my letter finally showed up today. I've been with D* since '97!

bigpro said:

No ,
I just signed up this year and I got the letter.

I think if you had it last year you got the $49 price and if you signed up this year you got charged $ 99

Jombo

little off topic and not hd related.. but.. question on the d10- I am assuming that it allows you to highlight the mix channels and then tune directly to them.. what about the ST game mix channels - does it allow you to scroll through and then click on a game for fullscreen?

I got the "generous" offer of a free d10 and my try it for sh*ts and giggles.. but if I cant use game mix to click around, then it may not be worth it.

thanks

jim

Jimbos said:
No ,
I just signed up this year and I got the letter.

I think if you had it last year you got the $49 price and if you signed up this year you got charged $ 99

Jombo

STILL haven't got mine. What gives?

Wish I knew what you guys did for this. I am truly ticked about the NFL SF. Paying extra $$ for HD games that were included with last years ticket , and having interactive features I cant use with my HD box sucks. I called D to discuss with them, best they would do is $5 p/month credit for 6 months, and they want me to sign for another year. No dice on the refund. NFL Ticket is the only reason I have D, but the $$ is getting more and more out of control each year. :no

signed up for D*, NFL:ST, and SuperFan 3 weeks into the season and about 6 days before it was announced here that the credit was being given. i just got my credit letter today. so it takes time, but it will come.

I received the same letter and it is a $49 credit for next year. I would also like to see them split SF into two parts also. I could care less about the interactive part, just want the HD. Maybe if enough of us complain something will be done for future seasons. By the way the customer retention # 1-800-600-8977 is no longer in service.

wolfman said:
I received the same letter and it is a $49 credit for next year. I would also like to see them split SF into two parts also. I could care less about the interactive part, just want the HD. Maybe if enough of us complain something will be done for future seasons. By the way the customer retention # 1-800-600-8977 is no longer in service.

Wolfman,
Try this # 1-800-531-5000

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)