SuperFan $99 Credit for 2006

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Just got home and found a letter from D*, says they are giving me a $99 credit towards Superfan for 2006 because of all of the problems. Says that...well you will all see. Anyway, Bravo to D, I really didn't have a problem paying the $49 for the HD games anyway but I feel they have come through for us.

Did you have problems with SuperFan and DirecTV is giving you credit for it next year? Or did they just send this to you automatically?

Got the same letter today. Sure glad I went with it this year. And I only paid $49 for it, and getting a $99 credit. I like this. Haven't ever complained about it. They sent it automatically to me.

Glad to hear about this.

What kind of problems are going on with Superfan? Just the fact they don't have a box to take advantage of all the features or is it much worse?

That is pretty much what it reffered to. But, they are also offering a replacement box that is interactive. I will pass on that but glad to have the credit.

I for one did call to express my displeasure with the lack of hardware upgrades for the superfan features and them not raising the costs for all HD or DirecTV subscriber base as opposed to nailing just the NFL ST HD subs, and I got my free superfan pkg for this year. I assume I will get a letter as well. It was explained to me that the unforseen launch delays are at the root of the upgrade delays and that credits were a way of apologizing and trying to make good in a bad situation.

I also got the letter with the H10 upgrade, that according to them is interactive..only if it was there DVR version, that would be nice!

This year I complained, they charged me $49 but gave me an immediate $49 credit for a net-free superfan. I got the same letter today, stating that since I paid $49 this year they would renew me for $49 next spring (even though I really paid nothing).

The kicker is the free receiver. It states that the D10 is interactive, but not HD.

Great. So if I choose to take the free rcvr, I get my choice: watch interactive channels in SD; or watch HD. They're mutually exclusive.

The whole scenario is still, IMO, absurd.

I'm not deciding on next year until my home is upgraded to mpeg4 service, AND I have a statement of how much the total package (ST + Superfan) will cost for 2006. I really want to see whether the base-ST renewal increases, and whether FOX and CBS step-up and provide HD feeds for all games.

One thing is fairly certain: the folks at D* are getting a sense that the initial uproar has not died-down. I say: keep complaining, on the phone and in the forums.

I found out the other day that my superfan was not even working........ so I had to call up customer retention (yet again) with the issues. I've called 6 or 7 times this year with issues, problems, etc, but haven't asked for anything yet (I'm just making sure my account is noted) and I plan to hit them up once the HMC is released for my past years of troubles.

i just signed up for D*, ST, and Superfan last week. could i be eligible for this?

neff2k said:
Got the same letter today. Sure glad I went with it this year. And I only paid $49 for it, and getting a $99 credit. I like this. Haven't ever complained about it. They sent it automatically to me.

Are you sure it was a$99 credit and not a $49 credit?My letter says since I paid $49 this year I will get a $49 credit next year. IMo still a good deal and D* is doing right by us.

Bottom line-those who cut off their nose to spite their face and cancelled ST are really comimg out losers here. Almost want to think that D8 hatched this rebate to put it in their faces. Funny. :yes

Love my NFL ST in HD.

I think that D* has realized that 99% of the people who signed up for superfan were HD users, and didn't get as many non-hd subscribers as they were hoping.

I received same letter yesterday. I am getting a $49 credit on my bill and I took advantage of the D10 offer. What I found interesting was that the csr was shocked to hear that my HD receiver was not interactive and offered me a new mpeg-4 receiver for $99. I did not take it, but I will look into it and maybe do it later. If anyone else received this offer please post. Thank you.

Whats up with the Red Zone channel only available during the 1 PM slot? It shuts off during the 4 PM games. Beside the HD channels, this thing is definately not meeting expectations. You can get HD games but not interactive. If you want interactive you have to add another receiver which is SD.

No wonder why they are giving away free hardware and credits.

srjewettlaw said:
Bottom line-those who cut off their nose to spite their face and cancelled ST are really comimg out losers here. Almost want to think that D8 hatched this rebate to put it in their faces. Funny. :yes

Love my NFL ST in HD.

How do you figure? For those of us that thought it was ridiculous to pay a $49 additional fee for the HD games we received as part of NFL ST last year, what has changed with this offer?

Assuming Superfan is $99 next year (a big assumption), this credit just means that you will be paying $50 next year for HD games. Same as this year (+ $1).

If you watch Prison Break, this is the equivalent of D* trying to get you to keep hold of their pocket as they lead you down the path of HD surcharges. I'm nobody's biotch. ;)

srjewettlaw said:

Love my NFL ST in HD.

I wouldn't pull the trigger on that statement yet. Nobody has seen the 2006 base package renewal, or whether CBS & FOX plan to offer more than 8 games weekly in HD.

A significant renewal increase without significant service improvements makes this $49 credit meaningless.

A D* employee pretending to be a "regular subscriber" couldn't improve the propaganda posted on these forums..... hmmm.....

I did pay $49, but the credit in the letter was for $99. I too only want or like the HD portion of Superfan but I still can't understand what the crying is all about. So we got it free last year. How anyone thinks that receiving something free one year entitles them to it for life amazes me. So $49 above and beyond the ST price, whatever it is to watch my out of market team {Eagles} when they are not National is soooo worth it. Now this credit too, and lets face it most of us got great deals on our new HD Tivos, rebates, discounts, free programming etc...sounds like a lot of whining to me. Yes we want better, yes we want more and yes we want it all for nothing, but we live in the real world remember. Besides some issues with PQ which I still have faith that D* will resolve I really don't see what everyone is screaming about. If your team is local, then hey you don't neet the SF anyway for those of us that have moved from our favorites, it doesn't get any better than this. Suppose when MLB games are available in HD you will all protest and strike also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)