Superstations and sports blackouts

slocoma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
If I sign up for the Superstations, will all MLB games on those stations be blacked out for me?

If getting the Mets games lets me see some more Phillies games, that's all that matters.

no they are not blacked out.

Yankees on WWOR
Mets on WPIX
Clippers on KTLA

and come fall/winter college sports on WWOR & WSBK

This I know, but the Phillies are in the same division as the Mets, so they play each other a lot.

Most Phillie/Mets games are on SNY and not WPIX which usually has 1 to 2 games per week. Pretty much what CW17 has in Phily market. I grew up with the Phils, but don't get too many of their games from the superstation channels which are a part of the NY dma network channels.

Most Phillie/Mets games are on SNY and not WPIX which usually has 1 to 2 games per week. Pretty much what CW17 has in Phily market. I grew up with the Phils, but don't get too many of their games from the superstation channels which are a part of the NY dma network channels.

That sucks.

Well, I don't get any Phillies games unless they are a national broadcast (that's not blacked out), or they play the Pirates or Indians (my local teams).

NY Mets games are now down to 25 per season (from 50 previously) There are some weekends where there are no games on WPIX. I get the superstation pack and I think there was 1 game so far this season between the Mets and Phils on 'PIX.

I am an avid Phillies fan and am always trying to get more games. The superstations aren't worth it anymore. Years ago when Dodgers and Rockies played it was better. WOR many years ago was wonderful with Mets baseball and their winter sports, picked up several 76ers and Flyers games. That was long ago. awwwww...memories.

Depends on the station. Only games you would pick up would be the Yankees and Mets. I have never seen these blacked out but when the Red Sox were on WSBK, they were blacked out.

If you are referring to the recent period when WSBK showed some Friday night games they only bought rights to the Boston DMA. they were even blacked out on cable systems in NE----having said that those games were on NESn outdide of the Boston DMA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)