SuperStations?!? Help plz...

drew2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
I qualify for the SuperStations which is The WB in New York, Los Angeles, & Denver; & UPN in New York & Boston. I was wondering how much that package is per month and if it is even worth the money (for those who have it)?

that's why asked you, it's NOT on the E* site, about $5-$6 is reasonable though, i'd pay that much, thanks for the reply!

drew2005 said:
I qualify for the SuperStations which is The WB in New York, Los Angeles, & Denver; & UPN in New York & Boston. I was wondering how much that package is per month and if it is even worth the money (for those who have it)?

Well worth the $5.99/month I pay

Congratulations! This address qualifies for Superstations.
Add
Description

LOS ANGELES WB-KTLA
NEW YORK WB-WPIX
DENVER WB-KWGN
NEW YORK UPN-WWOR
BOSTON UPN-WSBK $5.99/mo.

Worth every penney

I've had the Superstations package for six years and don't regret the money. Especially since the WB and UPN like to schedule their popular programs against each other. This way I can record (with my antique Dishplayer 7200) the east coast feeds of one show, catch the Mountain feeds of another from Denver, my local AZ feed, and then if necessary, the Pacific feed on KTLA.

Plus, it is kinda fun to watch the New York, Boston, Denver, and LA local news from time to time. Makes me happy to live in rural Arizona. :D :D

They were doing it before like this if you had your locals, (for $5.99) they added $3 to you locals package for them. But now they've changed it were it cost you $5.99 for your locals and $5.99 for the Super Package. I already had the super station before they changed it, so I pay $3 more a month for them.

If you watch stuff on the WB or UPN their worth it, but if not their not.

tonyp56 said:
They were doing it before like this if you had your locals, (for $5.99) they added $3 to you locals package for them. But now they've changed it were it cost you $5.99 for your locals and $5.99 for the Super Package. I already had the super station before they changed it, so I pay $3 more a month for them.

If you watch stuff on the WB or UPN their worth it, but if not their not.

Not quite, your mostly wright but if you have any AT or DL pack from E*, the locals are only $5/mo even, not $5.99. Yea I know I am being picky on less then a dollar. :)

Personally I love the Superstations, I have thought about dropping them except for 1 of the UPN's for a $1.50/mo once I get around to upgrading to a SuperDish for my locals but I am now thinking I may keep them even though I have a local WB. The additional times and additional syndicated programing then what is available in my local market, plus as mentioned the occasional watching of local news from other cities is kind of nice. :)

Be Aware!

Anyone with the "grandfathered" pricing needs to be wary of changing anything to do with Superstations or their local programming. I currently have the the $11.99 bundle price for locals, distants and Superstations. I am eligible for the national PBS feed so I contacted Dish to add it. Big mistake! Evidently the codes for the discount pricing are no longer available on the customer service programming screens. It took me 3 calls and much aggravation to get my discount back and then the only way to restore it was to remove the national PBS feed! I wish I could say I was surprised but I've been with Dish for over 5 years. Nuf said.:(

NightRyder

its 5.99 for all 5 or 1.50 each

ryder's right. I had locals/supers for 8.99 a while ago and moved (which changed locals) and I lost that package

I pay $8.99 for my locals and all the superstations. It shows up as one charge on my bill. I enrolled for it online and 2 minutes later I was watching!

chastulsa said:
I pay $8.99 for my locals and all the superstations. It shows up as one charge on my bill. I enrolled for it online and 2 minutes later I was watching!

How long ago did you order them?

I might have to do that if you got the package price recently :)

I logged in to my account on the Dish web site, went to Add Programming, Local Channels. The Superstation Package is there for $5.99/Month. I already have local channels at $5.99/Month. No discount offered for the Superstations online if you have locals already. Now that most of the local stations have come up with digital transmitters 100% of the time, I'm thinking of dropping the locals anyway. Maybe I'll add the Superstation Package when I do that. Is that on option?

mdonnelly said:
I logged in to my account on the Dish web site, went to Add Programming, Local Channels. The Superstation Package is there for $5.99/Month. I already have local channels at $5.99/Month. No discount offered for the Superstations online if you have locals already. Now that most of the local stations have come up with digital transmitters 100% of the time, I'm thinking of dropping the locals anyway. Maybe I'll add the Superstation Package when I do that. Is that on option?

mdonnelly - Welcome to Satellite Guys!

Yes. You don't have to subscribe to locals to add the Superstations.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts