SuperStations St Louis Area

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I was going to order a couple of SuperStations and discovered that none of the big four affiliates are available in the St Louis (62269) area. I remember when I checked couple of years ago they were available to order or at least I thought they were. I have a choice of three WB and two UPN affiliate stations. Is there any way of ordering the big four affiliates?

Superstations and Distant Nets are two separate things. I do not beleive you will be able to order distant nets. Can you receive the networks over the air.

Superstations and Distant Nets are two separate things. I do not beleive you will be able to order distant nets. Can you receive the networks over the air.

I get the HD networks OTA and on satellite channels. I would just like to have another network channel I can record when the local network stays on the air forever broadcasting weather storm info during bad storms.

I think that you are out of luck but as for the supee awre that they are in SD only.rs b

Charles, change your service area (not billing) to Champaign, IL zip 62701. Connect your OTA for local networks and you'll have 62701 networks and you'll get fox sports Midwest and Chicago Comcast.

Charles, change your service area (not billing) to Champaign, IL zip 62701. Connect your OTA for local networks and you'll have 62701 networks and you'll get fox sports Midwest and Chicago Comcast.

So, lets say that someone lives in Central VA and wanted to watch Chicago Cubs games broadcast on CSN Chicago, this person could change their service address to a Chicago area address and do this? How does a person go about doing that? Are there repercussions if this person gets caught? Does Dish care?

With locals that appraoch only works if they are broadcast CONUS or if you are under the spotbeam.

as for the mechanics doa search on moving and you will geta lot of hits.

With locals that appraoch only works if they are broadcast CONUS or if you are under the spotbeam.

as for the mechanics doa search on moving and you will geta lot of hits.

Ok, I don't know what that first paragraph means. Not that you're being unclear, I just don't understand how that stuff works. I will do the search as you suggested.

If you 'move' to Chicago, you will not receive local channels from Chicago because they are on a spot beam that doesn't reach Virginia. You would get CSN Chicago, however. If you don't get locals via an OTA antenna today, you will lose all the networks unless you get one.....

If you 'move' to Chicago, you will not receive local channels from Chicago because they are on a spot beam that doesn't reach Virginia. You would get CSN Chicago, however. If you don't get locals via an OTA antenna today, you will lose all the networks unless you get one.....

Gotcha! Locals are not a prob as I could swing OTA. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Looking into this.

Ok, I don't know what that first paragraph means. Not that you're being unclear, I just don't understand how that stuff works. I will do the search as you suggested.

Sorry about that. Some channels are broadcast to the whole country----that i referdto as CONUS. Local ststiosn however are put on "Spotbeams" that only cover a small area. tahat way DISH can use the same frequencies tio show different programming in different areasd. This means that a person outside that spotbeam simply can't get thahose locals.

Well the only problem with that, is that the OP is trying to avoid (network) show pre-emptions on the local affiliates in STL. Hate to tell you this, but OUR affiliates up here are just as bad - if not WORSE - than the STL locals. (our CBS affiliate here is one of the WORST about pre-empting both CBS & syndicated shows! :mad: )
THAT'S why I still have access to Chicago locals here; they very rarely pre-empt shows - couldn't live w/out them... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)