Suprise Dish does something right

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
Yesterday evening I called dish to deactivate a 7200 from my account and activate my new 942.
This got accomplished in 1 phone call a 1hour 26minute phone call but they got the job done
I must give dish credit
good job solving my problem in one phone call

hey they accomplished this in 1 phone call even though it seems to have taken them a long time my 8 receiver residential account is complicated
the fact that they got this accomplished astounds me
dish prove to me this one experience of more than adequate service was not an anomaly

yeah definitely goaliebob... Get old receiver number, get new number's, verify current software version, check sig, check switch, make sure tv2 remote is properly addressed, tv2 out set to right cable/air chn, hd output set right, put new numbers in the puter, activate, have a good day... what'd ya'll talk about?

Last edited:
I'd ask for something in return for all of that time of yours that they have wasted. There is no excuse whatsoever to take that long just to swapout a receiver because of their problems and ignorance. I know how it is to be on the phone with them for an hour or two and right when things are to get accomplished click. That happened to me twice and lets just say I was not thrilled and I was in a very hostile mood the next time I got on the phone. One time I ended up on the phone with Sonya Cartright. She got the job done for me with one problem I had.

A lot of people do not have this much time to deal with them and even if they did they would not tolerate this type of experience and probably just cancel the service. Even trying to cancel the service can be a huge hassle and make some not want to come back especially whey they are told about the $25 restart fee.

When there are more than 6 receivers on an account it will take much more time because the regular CSR's are not able to only an executive & audit department CSR can do it. So it will take longer than the average swap.

lol if the 7200 i disconnected had to take a program info download that's likely to take upwards of an hour cause with the experience i had with the 3 7200 i own is they get half way through the download the first time and freeze totally unresponsive so id unplug and try again and usually it would get all program info on the second try.
there 30 sec multiswitch dish setup is far more aggravating thatn the program info download
that dang switch check for 7200 is bad mine usually failed at 4-5 times before proper recognintion
With the quirks the 7200 has it still is one of their best recievers
Who knew Dish & Microsoft could build a good product, but they did
I hope the 942 lives up to my expectrations as well
time will tell

Perhaps the original poster still had his 942 in the box when he first called - if you include unpacking, connecting, updating software and configuring the receiver to the tv and some brief instructions on usage then an hour or so is not unrealistic - having as much to do with the preparedness and competence of the caller as it does with the competence of the CSR

Don't mean to go off topic but I still like my 7100. I just wished it could map my locals to their regular #s: 5, 11, 13, 22, 28, 34 instead of 7938-7943.

paxipam said:
Perhaps the original poster still had his 942 in the box when he first called - if you include unpacking, connecting, updating software and configuring the receiver to the tv and some brief instructions on usage then an hour or so is not unrealistic - having as much to do with the preparedness and competence of the caller as it does with the competence of the CSR
No, it was all hooked up and ready to go when i called them i actually updated software while on hold waiting to talk to somebody.
the time on the phone doesnt bother me as long as they fix my problem in one call.

Ok I think that what most of you that are balking at the amount of time it took are missing is that Stone has 8 receivers on a residential account, this is basicly unheard of and is not supposed to happen. If you want to have more than 6 receivers on an account normaly you are then considered a commercial account and this requires much diferent billing than that of a residential account. So when Stone called to do the swap this automaticly would have raised red flags from colorado to tokoyo wich most csrs would not be able to handle stones situation so most likely stone had to go through a csr, a coach, an advanced tech, and someone in the executive office to disable and bypass and reinstate specific codes on his account.

Van said:
Ok I think that what most of you that are balking at the amount of time it took are missing is that Stone has 8 receivers on a residential account, this is basicly unheard of and is not supposed to happen. If you want to have more than 6 receivers on an account normaly you are then considered a commercial account and this requires much diferent billing than that of a residential account. So when Stone called to do the swap this automaticly would have raised red flags from colorado to tokoyo wich most csrs would not be able to handle stones situation so most likely stone had to go through a csr, a coach, an advanced tech, and someone in the executive office to disable and bypass and reinstate specific codes on his account.
time on phone didnt upset me but im glad they resolved this problem promptly