Survey: Amazon Prime Instant Video Slowly Gaining on Netflix

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm one of those, I had both. Last month I cancelled Netflix. I can get every show I want on Prime and Netflix kept having all sorts of issues. So far Amazon works like it supposed to. Amazon Prime always worked better for me than Netflix.

I still prefer Netflix. It has a much bigger library and better picture quality in my opinion. Netflix gets higher bitrate 1080p and 5.1 sound on some, but not all, devices including my Apple TV, Roku 2XD, and PS3. Amazon also gets 5.1 sound but they only get 720p video at a lower bitrate than Netflix's 1080p and it doesn't work on my Apple TV, which is my only streaming device in one room. I don't think Amazon streaming looks bad but I do think Netflix is better. I also prefer the Netflix website for finding stuff to watch and managing my queue. I do have Prime. I got a deal for it for half off for a year so I took it. I like the free 2 day shipping and free kindle books so it is a good deal for me. It also has some content that Netflix doesn't like Fringe. Overall, I think Netflix is better though. It has been around much longer and it shows.

imho opinion Amazon could cut into netflix even more if they offered a monthly plan.Don't get me wrong $79 for a year plus free prime shipping is an awesome deal but,there are many people that would prefer to have it as a monthly option.

I could read teh link but not easy from this device. Does the monthy plan include just the video or is it basicly a month by month payment for Amazon Prime. If it is jsut video only is it the entire Amazon library.

It is for the full prime service, including all instant video content and shipping benefits.

Doesn't give you access to other pay video content if that's what you're asking.

Amazon confirmed it is testing the idea and has no further comment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think this is great move on their part.

ke4est said:
I think this is great move on their part.

I'm not so sure. It's great for consumers, but probably not for the company. Using myself as an example, I buy a lot more from amazon because I have prime already paid for. If it was month to month that would be less likely to happen. I'd probably only get prime in the months where I wanted something right away and the cost a prime wasn't too much more than the cost of second day shipping on a particular item.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Very true. I was just thinking the more customers they bring in would offset that plus add more profit. I guess this is why they are testing it out.

Well they might want to reconsider the free prime shipping on a monthly basis at $7.99 and just do the streaming.They could even offer prime and streaming for $10 a month or something.

Overhead on the 1-2 month plans, even automated, must have made it unprofitable.

only took em a week to figure it out lol.

Also not sure if it's been mentioned but,I noticed when trying to get to the $25 for free shipping deal they now have add on items unless you meet the $25 or over they won't ship until you do.

I guess I'm missing something. I just signed up for the 1 month free trial and registered my player but I'm getting shows and movies on my screen with pricing. It appears to me that it'll cost me much more to watch stuff on Amazon than Netflix, anyway. Doesn't make sense to me. So I might just stick with Netflix.

I guess I'm missing something. I just signed up for the 1 month free trial and registered my player but I'm getting shows and movies on my screen with pricing. It appears to me that it'll cost me much more to watch stuff on Amazon than Netflix, anyway. Doesn't make sense to me. So I might just stick with Netflix.

A LOT of stuff is free, but they also charge for a lot of movies, and shows.

Amazon has just about as much content as netflix perhaps a little less.You just have to look for content that is prime eligible.They also have new releases but they are ppv.

Amazon has just about as much content as netflix perhaps a little less.You just have to look for content that is prime eligible.They also have new releases but they are ppv.

Netflix has a lot more content than Amazon Prime. But they do have some great things that Netflix doesn't have, like Dead Like Me, Fringe, Pushing Daisies plus more PBS and BBC content.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)