Survivor not in HI-DEF

they have never been HI-Def... i think it has to do with the # of cameras on the island along with the fact that they are much heavier. I think it is a cost issue...

it would figure if it is a cbs issue...

"cbs leading the way, with your grandpa's video cameras"

blair witch would be a pollished production for cbs.

I can't say I blame them for not doing Survivor in HD. Do you really want to see everyone's scratches, mosquito bites, blisters, etc in HiDef? :)

Seriously, I think the logistics of a HiDef production on the island doesn't warrant the potential gains. Survivor has survived (no pun intended) in SD for years with a wide audience. People aren't going to bail just because they can't see the hairs growing in some girl's ear.

Also, keep in mind that the production company is Mark Burnett Productions.

Last edited:
They're on exotic islands where the scenery is amazing.. they always take that pan to show it off, but in SD it's just not the same.. the little woman got me watching this show and she thinks it wont be HD until the ratings take a drop probably in the next season or two you may see HD... She thinks the race card was an attempt at ratings.. so maybe within the next season or two..

Also disappointed to see the "Amazing Race" is still in SD. We get friggin' "Deal or No Deal" and "The Bachelor" in HD, but the best reality shows are still low-res. The Universe is cruel. :(

Ted

I think it will be a long time before any of the 'on location' reality shows (like TAR, Survivor, Apprentice) are in HD and I can understand why based on what previous posts. But I wish all 'studio' shot reality shows were HD.

DOND is a studio show, which is incredibly easy to do in HD as compared to on-location productions. Amazing Race will probably never be in HD. 11 HD cams at a minimum traveling to 10 different countries?

Come to think of it, I wonder if they have two different camera crews. One to follow them onto the plane to destination #2, deplane, and then take another flight to destination #4 while a second crew meets them at destination #3.

I don't see any reason why The Apprentice couldn't be done in HD. It doesn't have much more on-location stuff than The Bachelor.

Who wants to see Trumps hair in HI-DEF, But I do want to see Survivor and the amazing race ! I also dont want to see survivor in HI-DEF to see some gils ear hair.

cookpr said:
I dont think Deal or No Deal is HD...or did I miss something...?

They showed some footage during NBC's Fall Preview on UHD that was HD, so I assumed it was, but apparently not.

Ted

At this point in time, i think the camera's have gotten small enough - besdes - it will be like the camera's they were carrying around 10 years ago - no big deal.

I do hope America's Next Top Model is in HD this year <G>

osu1991 said:
They were testing hd cameras while filming the current season of survivor but I doubt any of that footage makes it to air this season,perhaps next spring.

Really? You know they were testing for a fact?? If so, that is certainly a positive....hopefully the spring addition may bring HD....:hungry:

With the slow drain in ratings for Survivor, you would think HD would at lest give them a boost...as I used to be one of those people that said I would never watch anything solely because it was in HD....then I got HD, and now I would watch something in HD that I otherwie would not have....;) :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)