Suspect in Stow beating reportedly in custody

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
One of the two men suspected of attacking Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day was taken into custody early Sunday, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The Los Angeles Police Department's SWAT team descended on an East Hollywood apartment building with guns drawn and a warrant in hand around 7 a.m. PT.
Among those removed from the targeted apartment was a man with a bald head and tattoos on his neck and arms -- matching the sketches released by police in the weeks after Stow's beating.
Suspect in beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow reportedly in custody | dodgers.com: News

This is good news. Hopefully they catch the other guy. I love to hate the Dodgers, but there's no room for this kind of stupidity in a sports rivalry.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

All indications are it was a family. A female driver, the male suspect, and a ten year old kid. Many state the kid. This is from the same article
This week, police announced they were also looking to identify a woman who helped the attackers escape by driving them away. The driver was described as a Latina woman in her 20s, standing about 5-foot-2, with brown or dyed hair worn in a ponytail, and wearing a white Andre Ethier jersey. She was reportedly driving a white four-door sedan with a boy, about 10 years old, in the vehicle.
It appears that there were two men doing the beating, the female get away driver, and her son

This is obviously great news, but according to the story that I linked to in the thread I started earlier today... "the team eliminated having uniformed police at Dodger Stadium two years ago."

That sounds downright negligent?!?

Raiders fan?
The 10 year old kid with them was reportedly wearing raiders gear.

Read the blogasphere and all of the comments from those in SoCal about Raiders Nation ruining Dodgers stadium.

My point wasn't that all Raiders fans are bad, but it is a point that is commonly made by people who live here, and that is of those that create the bad atmosphere at sporting events in SoCal the majority are part of Raiders Nation (Dodgers Stadium, Lakers post game Riots, Chargers games, ex).

Why are they having such trouble charging this guy??

The main suspect in the brutal beating of a San Francisco Giants fan outside Dodger Stadium in March faces a court hearing to determine whether he should remain in jail for violating terms of his parole.

Giovanni Ramirez, 31, has not been charged in the attack on Bryan Stow and police have been in no hurry to present a case to prosecutors, while Ramirez, a convicted felon, has been kept in jail for parole violations.

The parole revocation hearing set Monday is to determine whether Ramirez violated conditions of his parole. Police say they found a gun in a laundry basket at the house where he was arrested.

Ramirez's lawyers say their client was nowhere near Dodger Stadium at the time of the March 31 attack.

Suspect in beating of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow could go free - ESPN Los Angeles