SV8000HD Cant get c - Band Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uvbnhd

Aug 14, 2010
md
Had ku setup on dish worked good setup C band and am getting great lock on sat 91w with a FS-1 Meter but am not hitting any channels on my SV8000HD.

I made sure when looking at the front of the LNB the Vertical was at the bottom say at 6 O’clock and HOR on the left at 9 when I first started rotating to get a lock. I believe the Vertical is at it is at about 7 right now. I will try and take some Picture’s tomorrow when it’s light out. these are the settings on the FS-1
F: 3720
sr : 26700
Lo: 5150
Lnb:13
22khz: off
I did change it from 13 to 18 on the meter and rotated the LNB and did get a lock. But I would have thought I should get the lock with out rotating it. I have not tried to get 3820 on the meter yet will try that next.
I have tried entering the PID info manually on the receiver and that is where I ran into another problem. I am using Sv8000HD sometimes when I push the PID button a box comes up and I can enter the PID numbers. Then I go back to the same transponder and hit the PID button again whole receiver reboots. Also I am not sure it is holding the PID numbers when I high light the transponder I am not seeing the PID numbers any where on the screen and when I Hit the PID button it comes up with the same default numbers every time.
I did A factory reset on it this morning and reloaded the Main bin file i have 4.43 to see if that helps will try to enter the channels manually again tonight. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Unless you are looking at your true south satellite, or have a motorized dish, you always have to manually rotate the lnbf to get the correct skew for your location. Since you MUST do a manual PID entry on the 3720 tp, I'd advise you to lock a different tp, from the LIST, and scan in those channels. After you have some channels in your receiver, then worry about how to manually add them for the 3720 tp.
:)

uvbnhd

Aug 14, 2010
md
Hi i did try hitting 3820 on the Lnb with the meter and i had a very strong lock. Making some progress. After resetting my reciever i was able to hit some channels on my reciever but only a few and i am getting anything to come in on the channels.

Attachments

• IMG_5847.JPG
    IMG_5847.JPG
    299.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5848.JPG
    IMG_5848.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_5849.JPG
    IMG_5849.JPG
    648.6 KB · Views: 148

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 24, 2006
Don't expect a whole lot . That dish is small, and being motorized , it is probably not quite as well tuned as a fixed dish could be , for a single sat. The 3720 tp is strong, and you will probably get the CW mux fine, once you figure out how to manually enter the PID info. You are only going to get the strongest tp's with that setup, but that may work well for you, at that.
Happy times, trying.

uvbnhd

Aug 14, 2010
md
Hi can you clarify something. when i have the meter on the LNB i can hit vertical signal but i have to rotate the LNB to hit the Horizontal on the same transponder. So when i do a blind scan on my reciever is it going to pick up both or am i limmited to just vertical or horizontal. Also i was told the dish i have is identical to the Hotdish90 and should be able to get the C band. Is this accurate or just wishfull thinking.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2009
canada
Also i was told the dish i have is identical to the Hotdish90 and should be able to get the C band. Is this accurate or just wishfull thinking.

if your dish is less than 6 feet you will be lucky to pickup any c-band at all.....doesnt really matter who makes the dish....

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 24, 2006
Hi can you clarify something. when i have the meter on the LNB i can hit vertical signal but i have to rotate the LNB to hit the Horizontal on the same transponder. So when i do a blind scan on my reciever is it going to pick up both or am i limmited to just vertical or horizontal. Also i was told the dish i have is identical to the Hotdish90 and should be able to get the C band. Is this accurate or just wishfull thinking.

The receiver selects either V polarity or H polarity , depending upon the voltage it supplies to the lnbf ( 13V or 18V) . A 90cm dish is just a toy for C-band reception. The typical minimum size for C-band is 6 foot, although you can reliably get the stronger tp's with a 4 foot mini-BUD, but believe me, a 4 footer only makes you want a 6 foot dish.

bruin95

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 14, 2006
Sin City
The typical minimum size for C-band is 6 foot, although you can reliably get the stronger tp's with a 4 foot mini-BUD, but believe me,a 4 footer only makes you want a 6 foot dish.

Truer words have never been spoken. Unless there is just a specific channel or two you want to get on C-band, I wouldn't even bother with a small dish. It's just too much of a headache for minimal results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts