SW44 with 4 HF Splitters

hutchro

Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Ancaster
Hi All,

I currently have a functioning SW44 working with 3 Receivers. I have added a 9200 to the setup, meaning that I need 5 outputs instead of the 4 that the SW44 provides. My home is sprawling and made of concrete so I have to work with the prewiring that is in it.

I have all inputs (4) from my dish (not DPP), coming into an attic where the SW44 and power inserter is located. From here I have RG6 going pretty much everywhere in the home. I do have two outputs that I can get to a 9200, but also have another receiver in the basement below it that I need to get a signal too.

So the question...It appears that I can't simply add a SW44a into my attic in sequence with my SW44 because I won't be able to get three connections to the area where I need to hook up my 2 9200 connections + 1 other receiver.

I have a couple of potential fixes I wanted to run by the group.

1) If I bought a SW44a for the attic and then connected the SW44 to the SW44a via only two of the connectors from the SW44a (with the SW44 relocated down near the recievers in question) would the SW44 be able to deliver three signals. (I doubt it, but thought I'd ask). I'd run the other two signals to other parts of the house from the SW44a in the attic in this scenerio.

2) If I bought four HF splitters and an additional SW44 switch: I'd split the four signals coming from the disk and hook one side of each to all four connections on the SW44 in the attic. Secondly, I'd connect the other side of two of the splitters to the RG6 going to my 9200 location. At the 9200 location, I'd install the new SW44 with only two of the inputs hooked up. Would this allow me three sat feeds (two to my 9200 + 1 to my other receiever)?

----------------

3) If the problem with the above two scenerios is only having two connections to the SW44 near the 9200 is the issue, can I use two more HF splitters down in front of the downstairs SW44 to get two connections into four?

-----------------

Note: I ordered a DPP Seperator, which would have solved the problem, but I did not know that I needed a DPP 44 (which I don't have). I also don't have DPP LNB's. I tried the separator and it didn't work.

Thanks in Advance

You have the same issue i had.

I had... a PVR, and 2 - 100's with BEV. I needed to add a second PVR and an HD box. So i needed to hook up 5 recievers. I was directed to KU Satelites web store. I bought a 2x4 multi switch from them. They didn't think it would work but it does!

Basically i run Rg6 from the 2 - 91 outputs (at the dish) to the KU Sat switch and both RG6 out of 82 outputs on the dish go to the SW44 2A and 2B inputs. Out of the KU Sat switch i run 2 RG6 to Inputs 1A and 1B on the Sw44.

So at this point i am left with 2 out puts out of the KUSAt switch which i use for 2 of my recievers that don't need the 82 signal. And then i can run 4 receivers out of the SW44 and get both 91 and 82 on them. The HD of course runs off the SW44 because it needs both signals. You still need to connect the power inserter out of the 1st output on the SW44.

Here is the switch i bought. Its on ebay but they sat them at KUSat.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3x4-Multiswitch-...716803464QQcategoryZ67885QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks - But its a little different

I appreciate the help, but my issue is that I have only two cables running to my living room from my attic room and I need to feed 3 tuners. (2 on a 9200 + 1 other receiver).

I'm trying to find a solution that will allow me to put some type of switch at the end of these two cables in my living room to provide 3 feeds.

In my attic I can get any number of cables from any number of dishes outside, but in the end, I still have to feed two receivers connected to something out of the attic and 3 more receivers with something connected down in my living room.

Clarification: My living room has the 9200 but the cable is routed through a whole in the floor and my basement (underneath the living room) has another RG6 run that I have another receiver connected too. Right now I have the 9200 connected, but only to one tuner and I'd like to connect the other.

Any help appreciated!

Since you are utilizing both satellites, unless you switch to Dish Pro (or DPP) you CANNOT do what you're trying to do unless you add another line.

Legacy (as this setup is) needs two lines from each LNB to the multiswitch. The 4 outputs you can't add anything else to other than recevers. The way editor is doing his setup is at the dish, he uses a 2x4 multiswitch to get 4 outputs from 91. 2 lines go to his SW44 and the other 2 can be used for other receivers. Those other 2 receivers ONLY get 91. The two lines that run to the SW44 are combined with the 2 lines from the 82 side so 4 recievers can see both satellites. Here is what I am talking about (when I helped editor)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=514230&postcount=4

Sorry but the only two ways to do this are
-switch everything (LNB's and switches) to DishProPlus so you can use the separator (one line to the 9200)
-run a new line for the new receiver.

Thanks Iceberg

I figured this was the case, but thought I'd ask. Thanks for clarifying.

One additional question. If I were to switch to Dish Pro Plus in this setup, would I purchase, a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB?

http://www.dishstore.net/images/MVC-032S.JPG

In the picture, this unit only has three coax hookups.

----------------

I'd also need this Dish Pro Plus 44 switch (I already have a seperator)?

http://www.dishstore.net/images/dp44.jpg

With this setup, would BEV software recognize the DP Plus hardware?
(All are HD [9200, 61xx etc.] units except for a 59xx PVR)

About 2 years ago I tried using a DP34 switch and it didn't work. I thought I'd also used DP LNB's

The DPP Twin has 2 outputs so what I would do is get a DishPro twin (not DishProPlus). The DPP44 switch will give you 4 outputs.

Hook both lines from the DP Twin to the DPP44....Your 9200 gets one line with the separator and the other 3 recievers get the other lines.

2 years ago if you didnt use Dishpro LNB's it wouldnt work. That is still the case.

DishPro only needs one line per satellite from the LNB to the switch

Yes the ExpressVu stuff recognizes DPP technology. Scott (owner of the site) has a 9200 hooked up the same way

Iceberg,
Does BEV recognize DP34's and DPP44's? Is it just some DPP stuff or all? I know DP34 is not DPP. I am wondering If i cant use these though as i have two spares of them and would like to avoid buying another dpp44 if possible, but if i have to, what the heck ;0

Does BEV recognize DP34's and DPP44's? Is it just some DPP stuff or all? I know DP34 is not DPP. I am wondering If i cant use these though as i have two spares of them and would like to avoid buying another dpp44 if possible, but if i have to, what the heck

Yes Bell acknowledges Dishpro (and DishProPlus) but they don’t actively promote it

If you have a DP Twin (or 2 dishpro duals) you can hook up a DP34 (or a DPP44) for up to 4 reiceivers. I know people in Canada that use a DP Quad (which is basically a DP twin and a DP34) and people who use a DP 34 switch with NO issues.

You can use a DPP Twin for the one line solution if you have a 9200 but you can’t mix a DPP Twin and a DP34…that won’t work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)