SW64 and power inserter.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I've been doing some house keeping on the dish farm these past few days.

One of the devices I thought I'd remove is the power inserter for the SW64 switch. I've had this in line since the beginning as it was needed with the earlier receivers.

I thought I'd try to remove it to see if the VIP 622 would work and it seems to be just fine.

Is this OK or should I put the inserter back in line #1?

Yep! I discovered that in about an hour of channel surfing. Just started acting strange and then my 622 rebooted. I put it back in and all is working perfectly again. At first I thought it was working fine. Didn't last long.

Thanks for the comments.

Yep! I discovered that in about an hour of channel surfing. Just started acting strange and then my 622 rebooted. I put it back in and all is working perfectly again. At first I thought it was working fine. Didn't last long.

Thanks for the comments.

I'm just surprised it worked at all after taking the PI out. When they made us use up a bunch of SW64s a year and a half ago, the damn things went straight to the acquiring sat signal screen when you took the PI out.

I checked the voltage difference.

The Power inserter was delivering approx. 20v at the switch and w/o PS the 622 was delivering 13 V at the switch. (unloaded)

Dish 500

Starz/Encore $5.01

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)