SW64 is toast - what do I need now for PA Max Feeds?

MIke Piltz

Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Hello -
The freak snow a week ago here in Eastern PA zip 18104 (Philly Locals) caused the death of my SW64. I have been wrestling with needing a change as I was not getting all my channels. I have a VIP622, VIP211 and America's Top 250 with HD and locals. Really only need to feed 2 receivers. At the time of the mass mailings and post cards I got told by online support to move off of my 110,119 (Dish 500) and stand alone 61.5 to 110,119 and 129. Combo did not seem to provide me with the right channel mix. I would appreciate some guidance as to what to look for -thanks!

Last edited:
Where are your locals from, Scranton? If so, you should be using 61.5, 72, and 77. (If it's any consolation, the morons in customer service tried to tell me I should be on 129 too, even AFTER I switched to the proper setup, but luckily I knew better.) You can't use a Dish 500 for that setup with any reliability since the spacing isn't 9 degrees. You'll have to get the proper dish for it. Not sure about the switch issue as I only have one receiver, but I think the new dishes might have multiple outputs.

A 1000.4 would also replace your legacy equipment (SW-64). Legacy used 2 leads from each LNB, DPP uses 1 and can send the signal over a longer cable. It even has a 4th LNB input, should it ever be needed. Yes, 3 outputs.
-Ken

Hello -
Thanks for the quick input. I have to see if I can hit those birds - 61.5 is a squeak between trees right now. 110, 119 and 129 are fine but I have not tried any other slots.

Well if you have 110, 119, and 129 (and a switching arrangement that your receiver can understand), you should still get everything except your locals (and maybe regional sports, I have no idea where those are located because I don't watch them.)

Philly has no RSN's......Crapcast Philly is only on cable & FIOS...(the infamous loophole channel)
not on satellite right now

Locals do seem to be the issue. With my SW64 I tried 110, 119 and 129 and was missing a bunch of channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)