sw64 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rabit5647

Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
I purchased two sw64's from two different vendors on ebay.
I have a legacy dish 500 system with two 301 recivers.
when I do a check switch the system comes back Installed switch :Unknown
I have checked the voltage going into input 1 from the power inserter it is about 25 volts. I have also unpluged the reciver for about an hour then pluged it back in. Do I need to replace the Lnb's ? I'm stumped on this.

sw 64

Do a check switch on the receivers without the switch connected to clear the switch matrix

Then do a recheck switch, I know the sw 64 is a real pain in the A@# Sometimes I have one. You may have to de a check switch multiple times till it shows the right matrix.

Just adding switches. everything works fine with sw21''. Just would like to add more receiver's to house.

I think two ports from each LNB have to be hooked to the SW64. On a Dish500, that means four cables into the switch. I'm not sure which goes where, though.

The switch is labeled pretty well. The switch will NOT work unless you hook up both sides of the dual LNBs to the a&b connections. You must use dual legacy LNBs and all 4 wires need to be connected to the switch. 1a 1b, 2a & 2b should be used for 119 and 110 respectively. If you have 61.5 or 148, use input 3 for that.

Here is a pix of an SW64SW64 LARGE Pix

You need one of these but with TWO connections. The picture is of a single LNB. The two you need are dual LNBs.

These are not to be confused with a twin that looks like this

See ya
Tony

Another thing, some receivers have some problems recognizing the SW64 when connected through the power inserter. You may want to try connecting a receiver though output 2-4 and the power inserert though input 1 and try a switch check.

See ya
Tony

Both Lnb's are dual feed. I have them hooked up to both the 119 and the 110 inputs on the sw64. I have the power inserter hooked up to input 1
my receiver is hooked up to input 2 on the sw 64. I have removed the cable from the rear of the receiver and done a test sw then reconnected the cable to the receiver and did a test switch again. all returning the same results Unknown.

Think I'm going to scrap this idea and just buy a quad lnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts