Swap 625 for 222?

ad8871

Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Well it appears I got F* by E*. I ordered dishnetwork online and finally finally got an installer willing to climb on my 3-story roof to install the dish, after 3 attempts.

I ordered through dishbuilder, and asked for a 2-tv installation, including one hdtv. He actually installed 3 tv's, including a second dishplayer 625 receiver.

All is well and good until I get first bill and realize that 2nd simple receiver is costing me $16 per month! 5 programming access fee, 5 second receiver fee, 6 dvr fee.

So I try calling and chatting and emailing with dishnetwork about the problem--I never ASKED for a 2nd receiver, and now you're charging my much dinero for it.

It seems like they are willing to let me cancel that receiver and send it back, which may work. But what I'd really like to do is get them to send me a 222 instead...that way I can get rid of the dvr fee, and also get rid of the phone line fee because I can use the ethernet. and to send me a different receiver, they want $200.

So it seems they'd rather me cancel it altogether and not pay them any money than send me a new receiver and continue paying the $5 add'l receiver fee. oh, and the funny thing is...i think i could cancel my account completely, send everything back, and then re-order and have a reinstall and get exactly what i'm asking for for free.

any tips on convincing them to swap me out for a 222 without charging me?

edit: oh yeah, and i forgot to mention, the sub who did the install was from a Utah company called US Installs. Anybody familiar with them? They did a good job, actually. But now I can't find the tele #, but I thought I might get more help calling them directly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)