DishCOMM, Ethernet and 2nd 622

thefunks67

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Ok, I got my primary 622 up and running. Got an IP address and all is well. The question I have is will I be able to set up my second 622 to use DishCOMM and the ethernet connection of my primary 622 to dial out via ethernet?

My land line will be history at the end of the month.

-Funk

Ok, I got my primary 622 up and running. Got an IP address and all is well. The question I have is will I be able to set up my second 622 to use DishCOMM and the ethernet connection of my primary 622 to dial out via ethernet?

My land line will be history at the end of the month.

-Funk

See the thread in the technical area about HomePlug. I think you want to get a HomePlug to Ethernet adapter, so the 2nd 622 sees the router as well.

Here's the thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../103982-homeplug-built-into-622-how-cool.html

LER

Last edited:
Thanks.

I looked through that thread and it will be Plan B if I can't get this to work.

Anyone else?

-Funk

having set up one of my 622's on wireless (no HomePlug to Ethernet, yet), the 2nd 622 will NOT use the ethernet of the first via HomePlug.

Sorry.

I think I finally got my SMC2870W Wireless Ethernet bridge set up and running on my primary 622. Was able to Ping it from the computer with a 1ms response back. Running from the diagnostics menu in the 622 shows both phone and ethernet ok. I also have DishComm set up and verified on this 622 and my new(r) 622 sitting next to it.

Bot 622s show that the phone and ethernet conection are working in the diagnostics section of the menus.

I guess the next step is to see if both will 'phone home' via the internet. Any suggestions on how to test this? I don't have any, and never will probably, have any PPV to report.
Looking for advice from all you gurus out there.

having set up one of my 622's on wireless (no HomePlug to Ethernet, yet), the 2nd 622 will NOT use the ethernet of the first via HomePlug.

Sorry.

I have both my 622's on one HomePlug which is connected to my router. The key is the 622's must either be plugged directly into the outlet, or a HomePlug certified surge protector. Also, you cannot plug either of your 622's or the HomePlug adapter into a GFI circuit.

And, make sure your two (or more) 622's "see" each other in the DishComm setup before trying to set up your ethernet connection for both receivers.

Works great!!

I have both my 622's on one HomePlug which is connected to my router. The key is the 622's must either be plugged directly into the outlet, or a HomePlug certified surge protector. Also, you cannot plug either of your 622's or the HomePlug adapter into a GFI circuit.

And, make sure your two (or more) 622's "see" each other in the DishComm setup before trying to set up your ethernet connection for both receivers.

Works great!!

I have the 622's seeing DishCOMM, just waiting for the HomePlug->Ethernet adapter.

Will make things MUCH better :)

LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)