Swap EHD Between DVRs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brazen1

Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
VA
Hi, all, from an utter novice with a stupid question and a follow-up to which I can't find an answer.

I have two VIP612 DVRs and one 1TB Western Digital My Book Essential EHD. After I register this drive, can I transfer recordings to it from one 612 and then view them on the other 612? And if so, can I hot swap the EHD or do I have to shut down both DVRs before I move the EHD?

I ask because I don't wish to harm the EHD or lose any recordings it contains.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards ... Brazen1

If, by any chance, it doesn't work and asks you to format the drive. Don't Panic.

If they haven't HIT your receivers with the proper housecode then it won't work.

Just calmly call them and ask them to hit all your receivers with your housecode. Should works just fine after that.

Note that the household code affects the receivers and you do not need any EHDs connected but may have them on. During a hit you can be watching and/or recording although I would avoid recording during the hit myself, just time your call. It will take longer to get them on the line than to do it. Some find a chat easier, I'd do the call. Do have all receivers on-line.
-Ken

Thank you KAB, bookworm370 and Ken for your replies. They have helped me a lot and are much appreciated by this novice.

Regards ... Brazen1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)