Swap out 508 Receiver for a 211

dugway

Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I currently have two receivers, a ViP622 and a 508D. I want to switch out the 508 and get a ViP211. On the website it says $25 dollars shipped or $75 installed. Here are my questions. If I already have an HD receiver set up and am receiving an HD package, is upgrading the receiver just a matter of switching the receivers? Is there more to it than that which would make me have to pay the extra $50 bucks for installation?

I currently have two receivers, a ViP622 and a 508D. I want to switch out the 508 and get a ViP211. On the website it says $25 dollars shipped or $75 installed. Here are my questions. If I already have an HD receiver set up and am receiving an HD package, is upgrading the receiver just a matter of switching the receivers? Is there more to it than that which would make me have to pay the extra $50 bucks for installation?

Plug and play, assuming the dishes and switches run to both receivers. Save the $$.

I figured I could tag onto this thread.

I have a 622 and a 501 in the house right now. I am considering upgrading the 501 to a 222. Would that also be a simple swap out the receiver via mail or would an installer need to come out to my house?

-Michael

Same as above except the 222 will have a seperator to unstack the bands for the two tuners on the 222.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts