Swapped Receivers yesterday, lost Local Channels Free Preview

ChiefIlliniwek

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Western Illinois
Yesterday I swapped out my 921 for a VIP622.

Everything seemed to work, including the fact that I still have my Distants, both east and west.

However, I am not getting the Free Local Channels Preview that were being offered to me when I was using the 921.

I called Dish Network customer service last night and talked to a customer service rep who seemed very nice despite her struggling with the English language.

The customer service rep appeared to not know anything about the Free Local Channel preview being offered until the end of the year (with those who don't cancel by then being charged for them at the start of 2007).

The rep, in her passionate struggle with my native language, seemed to tell me that the only way that I can get locals now (Today, Nov. 14, '06) is to drop my distants and then PAY for the locals. I told her that I had recieved several automated phone calls from *E that told me about the Free Preview and distants "possibly" being shut off on 12/1/06.

I asked to talk to a supervisor about the Free Local Channel Preview but was told that none were available to chat with me at that moment.

My question is this. Why don't I get the free local channel preview? Why should I have to pay for free locals from now until Dec. 31st, when I planned to call dish network to cancel anyway (don't and won't ever pay for locals from *E)?

Do folks who have the VIP621 get the Free Local Channel Preview? If so, why don't I get it now?

Since I don't get the local channel preview now but did before I swapped boxes, will I potentially still be charged for locals when the unviewable preview ends at the start of the new year?

Well E-mail at ceo@echostar.com let them know what happened and see what they say. Also make sure to include your phone # so they can pull your account information up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts