Swapping the 622 remotes

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
Can I flip flop the use of these remotes?.............That is use the 2 on the main set and the1 on the other?????????

Thanking you in advance for all your help.:confused:

NO, TV2 is UHF only.

You can get a UHF remote that will work on TV1 if that is why you want to swap.

To add to the above post.

And the 622 remote shipped for use with TV1 is only IR (5.3 IR); however, and unlike TV2, TV1 can be set up to use both IR & UHF PRO remotes.

To do this, you should get another remote similar to the Blue TV2 remote, such as a 6.3 IR/UHF PRO or 6.2 IR/UHF PRO remote with a Green Key Tab that has a Black 1 on it, and UHF PRO etched into the tab.

Check with the vendors listed at the top of the forum page (The DishStore, Sadoun, etc.) or ebay for the 6.2 IR/UHF PRO with key tabs.

Awhile back, the 6.3 IR/UHF PRO was only available from DISH Network Technical Support for right under $40. They will ship it and charge it to your account. Ask for the 6.3 IR/UHF PRO Remote kit, Part Number 144552.
See top of "Page 3 of 7":
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=7758&d=1142022830

NOTE: The Blue 2 Tab can be removed once you remove the battery compartment and changed with a Green 1 Tab if you had one. But on the Green 1 IR remote - the Tab DOES NOT come off.

If you get another remote and the directions are (probably) not clear and you can not find it on the forum, just ask and someone will tell you how to program it.

Last edited:
Actually when I went thru Tech support when I was having issues with my TV2 remote they just sent me a replacement for free and said not to worry about sending back the old one. Strangely once I got the new remote to work suddenly the old one began working as well, go figure.

Did they send the new remote with the complete Key Tab Kit, or just with a Blue 2 tab?

Either way, you can always remove and leave the Blue tab off, and then manually slide the switch to the correct position.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)