Sweet, Just picked up CBS-HD

msnyder

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
I just called and told E* about the retailer that told me I could get CBS-HD as a Distant Local, they added it to my account with no hassle. Comes out of NY though, but I don't care. I'll watch my local news on my local CBS and catch "CSI" and "NUMB3RS" (when it comes on) in HD!

Thanks E*!!!!

Damn you E*, looks like I spoke too soon. I got home and the channel was no where to be found. Called them up and now they tell me I need another dish on my roof that will cost $99 to pick up a single channel that they will not charge me a monthly fee for. Anybody know where I can get one for free?

Look on these forums in the Classifieds, you should be able to find one for around $25 if you are willing to install it yourself. I bought a 24" dish for the 61.5 sat and it ran me about $35 off Ebay. I now use it for Voom.

Thanks guys. The installer said I would need the large dish. This would be an additional antenna.

The issues I had with C-band were:

1. The ever increasing prices due to declining subscriber base.

2. Losing channels. For example, CNBC was dropped off of the satellite that we could receive in Hawaii and moved to one that is beyond our range.

3. Distribution. Multi channel viewing is not possible with one receiver.

4. Mechanics. In our humid climate actuators seem to go out every eighteen months.

Thanks for the welcome and the info.

Bill

What are my options to pick up 61.5? Can I replace my Dish 500 with a SuperDish and pick up all three locations with a single dish? What about the LNB? Will I need a switch to feed a 811 and a 522?

long_time_DNC said:
Maybe this is a dumb question...if so, someone just tell me, but why can't E* just put CBS-HD on the empty TP on 119 so that we don't need an extra dish to get it? ...
Simple, Charlie is saving it for "compelling" HD content. :D

SimpleSimon said:
No. SuperDish will not work. You need a Dish 300 for the 61.5, and an external switch like a DP34.

I use a dish 500 & installed a 18" dish for 61.5 then connected a sw21 from one side of the Dish 500 & the other side to the 18" dish, did check switch & that was it. I use a 811 for Hi-Def, & a 311 for the bedroom, (wifes tv) :).

CBS HD in AZ

Has anyone been authorized recently to pick up CBS HD either east or west by just calling in and asking for it? I tried 3 months ago and CSR told me I required a waiver from my local CBS and Phoenix CBS station (200 Miles away), before they would authorize, and of course they did not grant waivers for anyone. I am grandfathered with both E&W network feeds and subscribe to the HD pkg. I have the Spare dish 300 with LNB/s and would buy the DP34 if it was a sure thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts