SWiM multiswitch with Legacy ports

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
I only have one Legacy unit left but was wondering what some you set your receiver Satellite setting to in order to get it to work. It seems to work when set to a single oval model but shouldn't it also work when set to the correct AT-9 SWiM setting. I move this receiver around a lot for the kids & it seems like I'm always spending five minutes setting up the correct satellite before it will work off the Legacy port. Any Ideas?

it should work if you have it set to AT9 setting . if it an r15 do not select at 9 swim it is in there as it shares code base with r16 but that option goofs up the r15 some times.

I'm guessing that how an SWM8 works with legacy receivers is largely dependent on whether you have a 5 slot or 3 slot LNB assembly.

I'm guessing that how an SWM8 works with legacy receivers is largely dependent on whether you have a 5 slot or 3 slot LNB assembly.

Interesting, what would the difference be?

Legacy receivers can only use the 101, 110, and 119 satellites, so using the SWM8s legacy ports with an SL3 Slimline would limit the receiver to just 101. Which isn't a bad thing if you don't need 110 and 119.

Legacy receivers can only use the 101, 110, and 119 satellites, so using the SWM8s legacy ports with an SL3 Slimline would limit the receiver to just 101. Which isn't a bad thing if you don't need 110 and 119.

So the only drawback is if your sd locals are on 119, you wouldn't get them with the legacy receiver, yes?

So the only drawback is if your sd locals are on 119, you wouldn't get them with the legacy receiver, yes?

I think that is the correct statement. In Chicago, they're on the 101 so no problems but with the D11-100 (Now my last owned receiver) I can only get the 101 bird. It just seems like I have to set the dish type to Oval 1lnb to get it to work; I will play around with it more when the kids are gone and see if it also works using SWiM AT-9 as the dish type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)