Switch Dish Box to TV2 instead of TV1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Chalk up another "you can't" for Hopper equipment. :)
The Hopper remotes get their programming and software form the Hopper. That's how they back up timers, settings, etc. and can transfer them with just a few buttons. The codes aren't even the same. On Hoppers, they're 4 digits

SO, chalk up another "you can't" for VIP

Reactions: pattykay
The Hopper remotes get their programming and software form the Hopper. That's how they back up timers, settings, etc. and can transfer them with just a few buttons

SO, chalk up another "you can't" for VIP
I'll second that. I recently had to get a replacement Hopper Duo. (The first one completely crashed after a software download. Long story.) When I hooked up the replacement, all I had to do was pair the old remote, and my timers were automatically transferred. I had not even tried to back them up or restore them. The system just took care of that by itself.

Reactions: HipKat
I'll second that. I recently had to get a replacement Hopper Duo. (The first one completely crashed after a software download. Long story.) When I hooked up the replacement, all I had to do was pair the old remote, and my timers were automatically transferred. I had not even tried to back them up or restore them. The system just took care of that by itself.
Right, it auto backs up periodically. Maybe weekly?? Monthly?? Daily? Who knows but it's a cool thing that it does

Reactions: pattykay
Right, it auto backs up periodically. Maybe weekly?? Monthly?? Daily? Who knows but it's a cool thing that it does
Yes and because it does it with EVERY remote you have paired seldom used remotes go through batteries just about as fast as everyday used remotes.

Yes and because it does it with EVERY remote you have paired seldom used remotes go through batteries just about as fast as everyday used remotes.
I would think that the backlight would also play a role in using up the batteries faster. Perhaps for the next remote, Dish could build in a light sensor to turn off the backlight when the room is bright enough that you should not need it.

Reactions: HipKat
i know this thread is almost a year old but i had to make an account to say HipKat you just saved me and my mom money from a trip from tech support. we switched tv 1 and tv 2 by doing what you said and it worked perfectly!! we like figuring things out on our own so now we have more dish knowledge. and as a bonus we used the remote codes to fix our remotes in other rooms! thank you so much!! :)

i know this thread is almost a year old but i had to make an account to say HipKat you just saved me and my mom money from a trip from tech support. we switched tv 1 and tv 2 by doing what you said and it worked perfectly!! we like figuring things out on our own so now we have more dish knowledge. and as a bonus we used the remote codes to fix our remotes in other rooms! thank you so much!! :)
Cool! You're welcome!

Glad you figured it out.

I can tell you 90% of the regular customers I deal with would screw something up and require a tech visit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)