switch for Standard LNB's 110,119 , 129 with two Vip 222K ?

chapin4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I got 2 Vip222k receivers at a reasonable price in ebay since I want to have dish network without a contract I have a standard dish with 3 lnb's (EMP) for 110, 119 and 129

I was wondering which switch do I need to accomplish this?

DPP33 is the cheapest switch for that that still allows for only one cable per receiver. There is the DP34 as well but two lines would be required to be run to each 222k. What specific dish do you have? The simplest solution for 110/119/129 is the 1000.2 or the 1000.4 WA.

I have one of those old dishnetwork dish that only have one lnb, so I'm thinking of adding a bracket and a switch to setup to my receiver

I just bought a 1000.2 ,new,on fleabay for $50,shipped.Was going to get a switch and use a wing dish with my Dish 500 DP Quad.But I would have had to get another DP lnb,all I had left in my junk pile were legacies.Buying a switch and an lnb would have wound up costing quite a bit more.Plus now I can use the 500 as a wing dish for another sat.

I have one of the VIP 222k receivers too. I have been having difficulty getting it to play nice with my Pro 1000 antenna. this is a picture of the amplifier/horn assy. 4203d37b-a0e0-4a3c-a13a-9b16b7cc98b4_zps6010c275.jpg Should I try covering the two outside horn with aluminum foil and tuning to 119 only?

I am able to peak on one of the birds, not sure which one, I think I am peaking on 119, not sure. Using one of those cheap tone boxes. I have been reading up here on this forum and I have to admit I have not run the switch test that has been spoken of in other threads. Basically I am getting a message that says the receiver has failed to connect. I hook the ViP222k back up to the antenna on the house and it connects right away to the birds. What I am trying to do is get the Pro 1000 to work with my ViP222K and then take the whole works RV'ing. The Receiver user's manual is a worthless, the antenna manual says the ports are 119, 110, 127, then LNA In from an external antenna, the labeling on the antenna say Port 1, 2, 3, & LNA In. I am wondering if this horn assembly needs an external switch...?

The key to using the cheap meters is making sure both receiver tuners are set for a 119 transponder. If not, the cable you have the meter on could be electronically connected to 110 and the aluminum will only block the satellite you are reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)