WHICH DATA TO USE FOR DISH ALIGNMENT

R DAVIS

Jan 30, 2007
Which is the correct data for aiming a Dish Network 1000.2 WA dish in south Texas ?

The instructions that came with the dish show one set of azimuth, elevation and skew, while the onscreen data on my VIP 211K shows another set of data, and dishpointer.com shows another set of data, all differing by a few degrees. Also, is the info shown on the onscreen data true or magnetic ? I don 't know if the instruction manual is true or magnetic either, it doesn't say. Dishpointer.com shows both magnetic and true azimuth.

Thanks,
Randy

All the numbers are magnetic. That doesn't preclude Magnetic deviation *the affects of bending magnetic lines of force through metal objects like the dish reflector, which can add a few degrees to the Azimuth.

Dishpointer cannot determine Deviation. Generally I use the numbers from the DPPro 1000.2 manual. The receivers I have had, had only had numbers for DPPro 500 dishes and they are slightly different for a 1000.2. Dishpointer number are usually good, IF, you pick the correct dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)