Hopper HDMI problems

jsz1002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Hickory, NC
I have a Hopper with 2 Joeys and noticed this morning that the Hopper keeps losing its HDMI connection with the TV. The Joey in the room without HDMI works fine however the Joey connected to HDMI in my third room works, but moving through the guide and changing channels is very sluggish. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII

Just for jeepers, unplug the Hopper first, then Joey #1, then Joey #2. Now, one at a time plug each one back in, Hopper first, then Joey #1, then Joey #2. You may well have taken a new software download and the receivers need to be reset. It doesn't always work but it often does....

Just for jeepers, unplug the Hopper first, then Joey #1, then Joey #2. Now, one at a time plug each one back in, Hopper first, then Joey #1, then Joey #2. You may well have taken a new software download and the receivers need to be reset. It doesn't always work but it often does....

Thanks! Just tried it and it didn't help. Any other ideas?

Call Dish technical support and let us know what they say. I don't think this is a "check switch" kinda problem.

Call Dish technical support and let us know what they say. I don't think this is a "check switch" kinda problem.

I called them and we basically went through the reset thing again. They had me switch HDMI cables and it worked! What is odd is that this cable has worked for several months on the Hopper and is now connected to my blu ray player and it works there. Strange.

Loose connection inside the end connectors is my bet. Don't wiggle it to much! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)