Switch from 211 & 311 to 622, question...

Whatchagot Loran

Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Albany, GA
The house I am moving into has a 311 upstairs in the playroom and a 211 in the master bedroom. Also has 722 for den and kitchen. I'm trying to avoid 3 receivers on my bill, so I'd like to swap the 211 and 311 for a 622. Dishn' It Up says I get a 622 for $50, so that sounds good to me.

Here's my question. Because there is currently no cable running from the upstairs playroom to the master bedroom I know the installers will have to do something to connect the two rooms. Can they do something to join the two rooms using the existing sat cabling that goes from the actual dish to both rooms? It would make sense to me, but need to know before they show up and tell me that I can't get a 622 because of the room set up.

Also, for some reason I can get a 622 for $50 but a 722 will cost $150. Other than DVR space, is there much difference between the two. I love the 722 I have. I'm not worried about recording space for the 622 as that will just be kids stuff for the playroom.

Any help will be appreciated.

The 211 and 311 are single tuner recievers and are most likely connected to the dish which is probably a 1000.2 it has 3 ports to feed 3 different receivers. The tech can diplex your 622 receiver most likely near the dish or if it is a 1000+ near the switch. Its an easy job since you have the satellite lines already routed to your rooms.

Just remember tv2 does not give you HD.

The ViP722 has a better chipset than the ViP622, enabling broadband downloading. And I've never heard of a ViP722 having the HDMI connector problems of the ViP622.