Switch from Direct to Dish?

nicshow

Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I am a long time dish customer that switched to DirecTV during a recent move. I miss dish. What is the best way to switch back to Dash now that I am under contract with direct?

Reactions: EchostarFan
The only way you are going to come back since you are under contract with direct is to pay what ever the early termination fee with direct is and sign back up with dish. You will likely get new customer deals with Dish which I think only takes a few months of non service.

Who at Dish do I talk with? The 800 number has not been helpful at all.

Do they offer “switching” incentives?

Who at Dish do I talk with? The 800 number has not been helpful at all.

Do they offer “switching” incentives?

If you mean incentives like cellular companies offer, I don't think so. Hasn't DISH been sending you mail trying to get your business back? They usually offer some pretty good packages to get customers back.

Reactions: pattykay
I got quite a few emails when I switched to cable recently with some decent offers. But my cable company gave me essentially every channel they have, including all th premiums for $80 more than I was paying for cable modem alone. Dish couldn’t get even close to that

The best way where I live is to take advantage of the win-back deal from Spectrum, which requires you stay with them for 6 months, and then switch to Dish. Otherwise, you will lose money on the deal.

The best way where I live is to take advantage of the win-back deal from Spectrum, which requires you stay with them for 6 months, and then switch to Dish. Otherwise, you will lose money on the deal.

At least here, Spectrum is offering to pay early termination fees if you switch to them with a triple play up to $500.. not sure what the fine print is, but if you live in an area serviced by Spectrum, you may be able to take advantage of that.. and since spectrum doesn’t do contracts..... wink wink.

If I'm unhappy the ETF is worth it, I've done it before and didn't regret. Just get the best comeback package Dish will offer and it offsets the ETF somewhat. Whatever you do if you decide to come back get the Hopper3.

Spectrum is the bomb! just call them if you have it in your area, you wont regret it.
the best of all no contracts and no rain fade signal loss.:amen

Spectrum is the bomb! just call them if you have it in your area, you wont regret it.

Spectrum’s equipment is from the 90s. Only 2 tuner DVRs, no whole home, and once your 1 year promo is over good luck lowering your bill. I have spectrum for Internet only but used to have TV as well and recommend staying away from their TV services if at all possible. Since the TWC buyout, it’s gone downhill.

If you take advantage of their buy-back offer, they will usually require you keep the service for several months. It used to be 6 here, but YMMV. Other than that, they are crap in my (formerly TWC) location.

Over-compressed, bit-starved HD which makes Dish look like FiOS, crappy, old 2-tuner DVRs which are slow as molasses and running terrible software. Their whole home DVR can be better, but only marginally, and it is super expensive. You cannot manage recordings from the remote clients other downsides hardly make it worth the $25+/month it costs to rent. The software their boxes run make regular reboots a fact of life. Who cares about rain fade if you are constantly missing parts of recordings due to software issues?

On top of that, the signal goes out just as often if not more than DirecTV or Dish.

Spectrum can be a useful tool to get out of contracts, and their Internet service is good, but not great, bu that is all the good things I can say about them.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)