Switch from DTV to Dish

vinny187

Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
Will Dish have to disconnect my old DTV satellite dish and install their own or can they use my old dish assuming I don't plan to get HD?

Or, when I cancel DTV will they have to climb up to my roof and disconnect the dish - which concerns me because I worry about water leaks. The guy who originally installed the dish a couple years ago was a complete tool and if he was any indication of competence among installers then i'm worried that he would do a half azz job of patching the holes.

Thanks for any help.

Dish will be installing a new dish for their service. What you can tell them to do is leave the mounting plate on the roof so it doesn't leave any holes.

DirecTV will not come out and uninstall the dish.

If you have a current Phase III three lnb DirecTV dish, and, if they use a Dish500 dish for Dish Network, they can and most likely will use the same mounting pole.

Even if you have the larger DTV dish, the tech can use a Primestar Pipe Adapter to mount on to the old mast so as not to disturb the current roof penetration.

Of course, you could always buy a small can of tar at Home Depot and slather it on like a kid slathers peanut butter on bread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)