switch install addr for local HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wstcoaster07

Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I currently get no locals in HD and have been denied a waiver 2 times by everyone but FOX. Can I switch my install address to my old place in Pensacola FL (that NOW has hd locals) to pull in local HD's?? any info would be GREAT, feel free to post here os PM me with any info like what to say/do and how safe it is(is it common to do?). Thanks

I currently get no locals in HD and have been denied a waiver 2 times by everyone but FOX. Can I switch my install address to my old place in Pensacola FL (that NOW has hd locals) to pull in local HD's?? any info would be GREAT, feel free to post here os PM me with any info like what to say/do and how safe it is(is it common to do?). Thanks

With a spot beam map it would be easy to answer as you need to be able to see the spot beam from your old address at your new address. You didn't mention where your new location is so I can only give you some guesstimates. I can get the Chicago SD's at 300 miles away & the HD's at least 150 miles away (never tried to get the HD's any further because I tailgate with a 3-lnb dish). How far is Pensacola from your current address? If it's within 150miles it sure won't hurt for you to try. Just leave your billing address as is & change your service address. If you have a vacation home there (parents/friends) just use that address.

Have you tried tuning in the HD locals with an antenna using the AM21 add on?

old: Pensacola, FL
new: Kingsville, TX

tried an OTA antenna today but couldnt pull any of the local HD feeds after a good hour of trying.

What OTA antenna did you try?

Check antennaweb.org for the channels near you. What frequencies are they using?
How far away are you? These are basic specs that will dictate what antenna you need.

With a spot beam map it would be easy to answer as you need to be able to see the spot beam from your old address at your new address. You didn't mention where your new location is so I can only give you some guesstimates. I can get the Chicago SD's at 300 miles away & the HD's at least 150 miles away (never tried to get the HD's any further because I tailgate with a 3-lnb dish). How far is Pensacola from your current address? If it's within 150miles it sure won't hurt for you to try. Just leave your billing address as is & change your service address. If you have a vacation home there (parents/friends) just use that address.

Have you tried tuning in the HD locals with an antenna using the AM21 add on?

I got Chicago HD Locals in Concord NC at Lowes Motor Speedway while I was tailgating out there.

I tried the Philips MANT510. I can't use an outdoor one because our apt complex does not allow it. The weird thing is that according to antennaWeb I am 19.9 miles form the ABC feed which comes in great (almost full signal registered by my samsung 52A550 and 23.9 from the NBC which does not come in at all.
For now I will just keep bothering Directv and hope eventualy a waiver gets accepted. I want The Office in HD! haha

I tried the Philips MANT510. I can't use an outdoor one because our apt complex does not allow it. The weird thing is that according to antennaWeb I am 19.9 miles form the ABC feed which comes in great (almost full signal registered by my samsung 52A550 and 23.9 from the NBC which does not come in at all.
For now I will just keep bothering Directv and hope eventualy a waiver gets accepted. I want The Office in HD! haha

Sounds like the two towers are in different directions.
What did Antennaweb say ?
Whats your zip code your looking to set up in.

If you need to use an indoor antenna, locate a Zenith Silver Sensor, this was the best indoor that most were using when this all started, very good and very reasonably priced.

Zenith ZHDTV1 Silver Sensor HDTV Indoor UHF Antenna (ZHDTV1) | ZHDTV1 [Zenith] | rabbit ears phdtv1 hdtv1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)