switch problems??????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hello.

Location Wilmington, NC (east coast)
VIP 622 Receiver

I will try to explain this the best I can :)

After my receiver is coming out of stand-by (the screen saver that says hit select to continue)
I seem to get the screen that shows trying to get signal. Sometimes it goes through all 5 steps but most of the time I never make it to step 1.

After a while it says to run test switch.
When I do that I get nothing. (sat 129, 119, 110, 61.5)

I have to remove the signal seperator from the receiver and run test switch again and go through 50 steps. Then I power down the receiver for 30 min then connect the splitter in opposite tuner connections and run test switch again. Most of the time I get it all back....but only to start all over in the morning :(

any ideas ?

Thanks to all...Joe

What type of switch/LNB configuration do you have? It looks like you may have a DPP44 switch. If that's the case, I'm willing to bet the order of satellite inputs is incorrect. The 119 should be on port 1...not the 129.

That is the the switch switch. I have a 1000.2 and an additional dish for the 61.5

when the test is done the order of the sat signals are incorrect.
How can I correct this?

Go to the DPP44 and change the order of the cables connected to the switch.
if you have a 1000.2 than there is not a 44switch. when you take the seporater off and test it what you are doing is resetiing the matrix and then when you retest it the recevior is seeing the sats again when you are turning the recevior off the recevior is becoming blind its hard to say why with out actually looking at it you need to check and make sure your software virsion is up to date, check to see if you have any LNB Drift( menu 6--1--3--details) If the software is good and lnb is good you might need a new recevior

if you have a 1000.2 than there is not a 44switch. when you take the seporater off and test it what you are doing is resetiing the matrix and then when you retest it the recevior is seeing the sats again when you are turning the recevior off the recevior is becoming blind its hard to say why with out actually looking at it you need to check and make sure your software virsion is up to date, check to see if you have any LNB Drift( menu 6--1--3--details) If the software is good and lnb is good you might need a new recevior

I agree.

Wasn't entirely sure about his LNB/switch config. Seems rather odd that 129 would come up first. As you alluded to, the fault may lie with the software

Hi.
My tech date is July 3 :(

I was looking around at some threads and I found this one that said he had similar problems and was troubleshooting and found that he had crimped the 2 cables coming out of the seperator into the receiver. He squished everything into a tv cabinet.

I think that is what has happened to me. I had crimped the single line that carried the 2 signals and then the 2 seperate lines after the splitter. I sorta uncrimped them. I have all channels at the moment, but I am still keeping my appointment with the tech.

I also think the splitter may be giving me problems. Do they go often?

This place is filled with so much info and really helps me because I am noy much of a tech person, but loves to learn as I go.

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)