switch rooms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nicholasmjb

Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
I just got Dish Network. I did not know how noisey the reciever would be and I put it in the bedroom. I want to switch it and put it in the basement. The reciever is a 625 and worked from the bedroom tvand for the basement tv. When I moved them (putting the reciever in the basement and controller 1) they do not work. I called Dish and they want $100 to switch them. Why won't they work in oppisite dierection?
Thanks

Most likely because you are hooking up the cables wrong. You probably have two cables coming into the bedroom: one from the satellite dish's LNB and a second one that goes to the TV in the basement. This is probably how your setup was installed.

Sat Dish ---- Sat CABLE(s) ---- 625 Receiver ----- CABLE ---- Downstairs TV

In order to have it work you have to reroute the Cable from the Dish LNB to the downstairs room, then use the cable that goes between the rooms to drive the bedroom TV off the output of the receiver.

If it seems like a lot of work, well now you know why Dish wants $100.

jkinser said:
Most likely because you are hooking up the cables wrong. You probably have two cables coming into the bedroom: one from the satellite dish's LNB and a second one that goes to the TV in the basement. This is probably how your setup was installed.

Sat Dish ---- Sat CABLE(s) ---- 625 Receiver ----- CABLE ---- Downstairs TV

In order to have it work you have to reroute the Cable from the Dish LNB to the downstairs room, then use the cable that goes between the rooms to drive the bedroom TV off the output of the receiver.

If it seems like a lot of work, well now you know why Dish wants $100.

Not too mention that truck rolls cost money. Gas is nearly $3 a gallon here. I'll be trimming back my route soon, unless somebody comes up with some scratch for all the extra miles I drive (over and above what is 'included' in the 'standard install').

If this guy has diplexers in the mix, it would be easier. hook it up as normal in the basement, locate the second diplexer (possibly outside or in the attic), and swap the 'in/out' cable with the 'tv/ant' cable. Don't touch the one on the satellite port!

If he does have 2 seperate cables into the bedroom, he could purchase and install a pair of diplexors. One in each room. That way, he could put it back if he ever needs-----or wants to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)