Switch to dish 1000

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I currently do not receive a couple of local channels because it would require the installation of a 2n dish. However, now I understand that these channels are now on 129. How much larger is the 1000 compared to the 500? If I choose to have this installed, what will need to be done? Is it a complicated process? Will any additional cables have to be installed? What about signal strength - will it decrease with this larger dish?
Will the 1000 receive hd programming? If at a later date, I move to a dual tuner receiver (522 or 942) will there again have to be alterations made? I do not want to run additional cables into the house. I already have a 508 & 4900. Sorry for all of the ?'s, I just want to make sure I know what to expect before I go this route.

I did some comparing of some satellite dishes last night and here is what I found (holding the dishes up against each other).....

Dish 1000 is the same width of the Dish 500 but it is shorter - Therefore Dish 1000 is smaller than the Dish 500.

The DirecTv triple lnbf dish is the same heighth as the Dish 1000 but is not as wide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts