Switched to Dish on 7/4 already want to go back. Info needed pls

He meant the "barrels" (the piece that the connectors are screwed onto). The line running from the receiver all the way back to the dish should have the "blue" barrels in it. The wall plate (if applicable) should have a blue barrel in it. The ground block should have blue barrels.

For Dish Network, the TV2 line doesn't require a blue barrel.

Thank you, sir!

Why in the hell would would you make someone come out to do an install on a major holiday such as the 4th of July? Seriously, what has this world come to! Now I can understand having someone come out for a trouble call. After all, if you are paying for service that you aren't getting, it should be repaired as soon as possible. And most trouble calls can be completed in much less time. But making someone come to do a new install on the 4th is just plain disrespectful in my opinion. God forbid anyone get time off to enjoy a holiday anymore. No one ever stops to think that the guy coming to your house might have a family that he should be with instead. You brought this trouble upon yourself.
WTF? He didn't force anybody to come to his home. The appt was available, and he took it.

Furthermore, installers were obviously already scheduled to work on that day, or the date would not have been available. Direct your wrath to the installer's boss, whether it be an independant contractor or Dish, as they are the rightful recipients.

The OP has every right to be pissed off. Why do people insist on defending poor quality and customer service? I never understand it.

I think a lot of people should listen to this song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4LaCPf9GiA]YouTube - It's My Job Mac McAnally[/ame]

Ah. An actual example of your signature, "you can't fix stupid". The OP didn't make anybody do anything.

Yep, I was over the top about the 4th. I was just being a sarcastic bastard about the "karma" thing. I don't really believe in karma. Nah, I'm not really glad he had a problem.

I did work the 4th and didn't treat any different from any other day. Actually forgot it was the 4th.

As far as the "stupid" thing, that is actually for my fellow techs. Dish has an incredibly idiotic, incredibly unreliable, incredibly stupid system of ranking us techs, part of which is based on number of "trouble calls" called-in on us within 12 days of doing a job.

Dish Network RSP

your dish fees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)