Switched to EasternArc but dish still thinks I can watch PPV on 119W?

nmoulton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Webster NY
Tonight I was thinking about ordering a PPV movie. Went to the dish website, and noticed the movie I wanted to watch was on ch 520. This channel is not in my guide. Doing some digging on the satelliteguys channel chart, found this ch is on the 119W bird. On the other hand I also see movies in my channel guide that the dish website thinks I can't order today.

My guess is since I just switched to EA on Jan 31, the dish website hasn't figured out yet, and is still showing me movies available on 61.5/110/119, which is the configuration I had prior. How can get the dish website to know I can see EA satellites now?

That's not the problem at all. With the problems on the 77 bird, only some of the PPV showings are available to us on the EA. So if your guide isn't showing the channel, you won't get it 'cause it isn't there... :(

I was following (not too closely) the problem with 77, and I had read in another thread in a post today by Matt@Dish that 77 was supposed to have HD PPV ch 508-515. So you're saying ch 520 is the same situation?

Yes, any PPV channel that is missing on your EA setup is just that, missing.

Hopefully they'll get them back soon as I still have a couple of coupons to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)