Switched to Satellite. Tired of Cable Internet for My Home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought too, when this first popped up a couple of months ago, but I waited to see what his second response was before I killed the thread, but he never can back. Could be just a very misinformed guy. I doubt it though.

Greg Said: What it boils down to is - you either get a good install, or a bad one. The good ones are seldom heard from again. Most of the whining comes either from the bad ones, or from impulse buyers who didn't bother reading the subscriber agreement.

Can you please explain for us what construes a BAD install? The more details the better. If its not done right the first time and a customer isn't getting what they were sold, do you think calling their aggravation at the provider and the tech 'whining' is appropriate? I mean if it's not working, why can't they just fix it? There are entire online communities out there full of these 'whiners'! Why? What is so hard about FIXING a BAD install and providing the service that the customer signed up for? This industry is built on referrals. If the tech that did the BAD install wants to have a long term/successful career, wouldn't it be in their best interest to do it right the first time -OR- at least go back to the customer's home/business and fix it?

I look forward to your reply.

I'm beginning to believe that you may have an undiagnosed reading disability - or you're a closet masochist who can't wait his turn in the whipping line. The kind of whiners to which I referred represent a sizeable percentage of the customers that post to these forums.

Sure there are installers out there who either make an occasional mistake - or are simply outright crooks. That's probably the single biggest problem with online ordering - you have no control over what kind of an installer you're going to get. Buying local from a dealer/installer with a proven track record (usually) avoids that. But the average customer doesn't have a clue as to the underlying cause of their perceived poor performance - so they come to these forums, very often in full whine mode. More times than not the problem is one of their own making. A little explanation of how it really works (as opposed to how they think it should work) is often all it takes. When it's an actual installation problem - folks with my mindset calm them down - identify the suspected REAL problem - and advise them how to approach the provider to get it remedied.

That said, there are dozens of things that could constitute "a bad install". It boggles the mind that you - as a self proclaimed installer yourself - has to even ask the question. In all of your 18 years, I absolutely refuse to believe that you've never been sent back to fix somebody else's mistake.

//greg//

Last edited:
I told you I installed one Pegasus Express in 2000. Please answer my question.

You do not need to go over Install 101 items here. What happened to the customer's OVERALL experience which is making them whine and start online communities regarding these BAD installs?

Is the service NOT WORKING? Can't they just FIX it? I do not understand what is so difficult here? Why there are so many people with these BAD installs that can't be fixed?

What's with that?

A question from a retiree who has the time to read all of this:

Is business so bad that you guys have the time to post these excessively long squabbles?

Agree to disagree with each other and get out there and do some installs!

This thread is going nowhere, closing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)