Switching 52.0 remote to Joey and 40.0 to Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smoke

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
We upgraded a few weeks ago to the Hopper3 and remote Joey's after having the 722 forever.. My elderly husband just cannot get the hang of the new main remote (52.0) compared to the 40.0 on the Joeys which is virtually identical to the old remote from the 722 (21.1). He is getting so frustrated, especially when changing rooms and switching between the 52.0 to the 40.0. Is it possible to reprogram the 40.0 to the Hopper on our main TV and use the 52.0 on the Joey in a room/TV that he doesn't use.

From the H3 press home home home then move to and press unpair.

Take both remotes to joey. On 40 hit menu menu then move to and hit unpair. On 52 hit sat.

Take 40 into H3 room (if screen is still on diagnostic hit sat on 40) otherwise press sys info on the H3 box behind front cover then on the 40 press sat.

You have a goat, wolf and head of lettuce.......... :)

Fun question...

Guess the boat sank...

Last edited:
We upgraded a few weeks ago to the Hopper3 and remote Joey's after having the 722 forever.. My elderly husband just cannot get the hang of the new main remote (52.0) compared to the 40.0 on the Joeys which is virtually identical to the old remote from the 722 (21.1). He is getting so frustrated, especially when changing rooms and switching between the 52.0 to the 40.0. Is it possible to reprogram the 40.0 to the Hopper on our main TV and use the 52.0 on the Joey in a room/TV that he doesn't use.
Yes the 40.0 will work fine with the Hopper3. You can
Yes the 40.0 will work fine with the Hopper3. We can walk you through it easily. We can do it here or just call our Customer Service at 1-800-333-3474 and they will do that with you.

You should also ask Dish for another 40 for him on the Joey.

Each box can have multiple remotes paired at the same time.

Thank you, worked perfectly. I did ask one of the DIRT members about switching out the 52,0 for a 40.0, but was told we would need to buy the 40.0 We have the service plan, so thought that might make a difference in getting one for free, but no luck.

Reactions: spoiler1041

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts