switching from 110 and 119 to 72.7 and 77 satellites.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BigJohn2

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Moline, IL
Hi all,

What channels would I lose if I switched from the 110 and 119 to the 72.7 and 77 satellites? I have AT250 package with locals for zip code 61265.

I have a better los for the 72.7 and 77 sat's less tree's. I know I would have to get a mpeg 4 receiver. I really want to wait for the XiP 813 receivers to come out. But when it gets windy my signal comes in and out.

thanks,

John

As long as you have 72.7, 77, and 61.5 you should receive all the programming you currently have. If you PM your account number to me I can give you a more specific answer on this.

Did you leave out some information? Are you asking if 72/77/129 will get you all the channels?

You need to look at the DishChannel chart above and see what channels you would lose. You most likely can't go from 110/119/129 to 72/77/129 and receive all the programming. First, most likely there is no programming for you on 77. Second, I believe you find 61.5 has programming 129/72 does not. In the end you need a complete ARC, even though at this time 77 may not have anything, at anytime it could. Further, if your locals are on the EA, they are on 61.5. If they are on 129 (Which I assume you have) then you would be all set for locals.

Last edited:
If wind is causing you to lose signal, you may only need a slight alignment on your current dish.

That maybe but I know I have a very small window to see 110 and 119 between trees. When I gets real windy the trees move and block that window.

Did you leave out some information? Are you asking if 72/77/129 will get you all the channels? Yes will I get all the same channels I get now from 110 and 119, I don't have HD right now?

You need to look at the DishChannel chart above and see what channels you would lose. You most likely can't go from 110/119/129 to 72/77/129 and receive all the programming. First, most likely there is no programming for you on 77. Second, I believe you find 61.5 has programming 129/72 does not. In the end you need a complete ARC, even though at this time 77 may not have anything, at anytime it could. Further, if your locals are on the EA, they are on 61.5. If they are on 129 (Which I assume you have) then you would be all set for locals.
I will look at the dishChannel page.

Thanks,

John

I would recommend that you introduce the tree(s) to Saw. If the trees are getting in the way of two satellites, it surely won't be long before they get in the way of the third.

Having two dishes really isn't all that.

Probably not your case but I was checking "The List" the other day and it seems to me that some channels are missing if you switch 110/119/129 to 61.5/72.7/77. Channel #852 for example on 110? (spanish) It doesn't seem to be on 77. Etc. And some others.. perhaps I'm wrong though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)