Switching from 722 to Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

feffer777

Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Using the 722 for several years, have lots of recordings on the EHD. We have 2 TVs: TV_1 is a 52" Panasonic Plasma; TV_2 is a 42" Samsung "smart" LCD. The 722 has been working fine for us except HD is not available on the Samsung. It seems we can plug our present EHD into the Hopper and access our recordings OK. Also, using the Joey, we will get HD on the Samsung (TV_2). We are retired, so cost is important, but our monthly bill should only increase slightly...
I have been reading a lot in this forum trying to find out other possible issues or got'chas. Anything, I'm missing that stands out to more experienced users?

Two Hoppers, each with an OTA dongle, would fit that bill.

To be honest, Dish is doing such a poor job of OTA support, I'm considering a Channel Master unit for that purpose. And THAT is inevitably a step toward cutting the cord. Dish should factor that in, but I suspect they don't.

Funny thing is the Channel master units are built by Echostar, the sister company of DISH. Makes me wonder why they don't have them build the new dual ota dongle for DISH , since they are already in the ota business and they make DISH's sat receivers too.

Reactions: oljim60

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)