switching from directv to cox

idanny

Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
las vegas southwest
hey I also gotta switch from directv to cox.

I was wondering does anyone know what is the exact model of the hd dvr receiver cox is currently offering?

also does anyone know if the remote is ir or rf.

Ir requires a line of site.
Rf does not.

the way I have the tv setup now I wouldnt have line of sight to the box.

I received a Motorola/Interactive Digital Communications DCT6416 III DVR 6 months to a year ago. It has an IR remote that is fairly sensitive, but is line of sight. I received a new dvr, but there seemed to be a glitch in the hard drive where a few recordings locked up. I went to the local Cox office to exchange it, and the lady in front of me had received two separate "refurbished" dvr's, both with obvious problems. She was demanding a new one. I decided to keep mine, and left. I have three programs which I never erase, and still can get over 40 hrs of SD programming. I suggest you go to your local Cox facility and see what they have.

Cox rents the dvr, and prices services so it isn't too expensive to rent the dvr, itself. You pay $15.45 for digital cable service, plus $11.95 for digital video recorder service, plus $5.50 for the actual dvr rental. Should you have more than one TV, you will need additional dvr's or digital receivers to receive channels above 100, including HD. Once you pay the digital cable service and dvr service fees, you pay an additional $5.50 for each additional dvr or digital receiver (I think - I have a dvr and two digital receivers). I also wanted to record on a DVD recorder, and needed the digital receiver to do so, plus a second TV. The same remote is used for the DVR and digital receiver.

Jim

Sorry, but I listed the wrong dates. I rented the digital receivers recently, but have have the dvr a number of years, so my dvr probably isn't the current one provided.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)